• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blogs

DevilsMilk

8-5-8, 8-9-8, whatever it takes!
Ok I dont want to break any rules. I am looking to start my own cigar blog and was looking for advice on how to format my thoughts. I know some of you have them and would greatly appreciate any advice. I bought my domain name but have yet set-up the site. PM me as I dont want to break any rules by posting the domain name. I respect Rod enough not to do anything wrong. Thanks guys.

Brad

Check out the Google blog service. It's free, and offers many features.

The url is http://www.blogger.com

If you're using your own domain, your web hosting company should provide you with free blogging software. If you don't have a web hosing company yet, PM me.

Hope that helps.

Rod said:
Check out the Google blog service. It's free, and offers many features.

The url is http://www.blogger.com

If you're using your own domain, your web hosting company should provide you with free blogging software. If you don't have a web hosing company yet, PM me.

Hope that helps.
[snapback]283486[/snapback]​

Hey Rod,

Yes I have it hosted and they do provide a blog type software but I just dont like the feel or look to it. I have used several types of PHP software in the past and like the way it works. I was looking at using Serendipity but it is in tar format and I dont run a Unix box at home to unzip it. I am working on it before I start to post my blogs. Do you mind if I link your site from it? Thanks for the offer and I may be giving you a PM here soon if I run into trouble.

Brad

DevilsMilk said:
I was looking at using Serendipity but it is in tar format and I dont run a Unix box at home to unzip it.

WinRar nad WinAce both handle .tar files

IgwanaRob said:
DevilsMilk said:
I was looking at using Serendipity but it is in tar format and I dont run a Unix box at home to unzip it.

WinRar nad WinAce both handle .tar files
[snapback]283536[/snapback]​

Forgot about those applications. I found one and used it without problems. Uploading to server as I type. Thank you.