• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bloody hell!

sonuvabum

Boobies...'cause I likes 'em
What is it with Sharks?

I've had a couple and both burned like hell. Uneven. Split wrapper. Nice flavor but tough to enjoy. I felt like I had to use some scotch tape to hold the bitch together long enough to smoke it.

Now I find this in my humidor.

med_gallery_4821_1394_290836.jpg

I guess this one could wait to come unraveled.

med_gallery_4821_1394_79391.jpg

I actually have one left. It's in pretty good shape but I don't have high hopes for it.

med_gallery_4821_1394_51434.jpg

Very disappointed.

:angry:

G-

Wow Gary, that sucks. So sorry to see that. Are these recent ones or have you had them for awhile?

Not a fan of the Shark, but its still a shame to see something like that. In this case, I'd just shred the cigars up and smoke in a pipe. I'd buy a cheap Meerschaum or corn cob pipe to do it. Since the wrapper is way beyond any ghetto fixes.

Would that have been caused by humidity fluctuations... constantly shrinking and expanding? Or just poor construction?

Would that have been caused by humidity fluctuations... constantly shrinking and expanding? Or just poor construction?

They are usually a pretty solid construction. I've purchased a few boxes and haven't seen them do that. I even traveled one over 1500 miles in a coolidor. If you look closely at the last 2 pictures you can see something odd on the wrapper. It looks kinda spotted where the one crack in the wrapper is located.

That sucks but may be a sign to douhle check your rh.

Let's not let Fuente off the hook. There have been periods of poor construction in their history.

Doc

Not a fan of the Shark, but its still a shame to see something like that. In this case, I'd just shred the cigars up and smoke in a pipe. I'd buy a cheap Meerschaum or corn cob pipe to do it. Since the wrapper is way beyond any ghetto fixes.

:laugh:

The Shark is my favorite of the Anejo line. Hands down. I've never had a problem with the construction on any of mine. From your photos, it does look like a RH issue.

I doubt it's an RH issue unless this line is just very sensitive to such things. I've never had another smoke do this in my cooler which keeps a very consistent 68-69%. Not to mention, there is one more Shark still in there that seems to be fine.

I guess when it comes to Sharks, I'm just 'snake-bit'. :p

G-