• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Board flooding bug

moki

el Presidente
If you go to someone's profile on CP, and then from the Options drop-down menu choose "Find Member's Posts" or "Find Member's Topics" you're told that you're flooding the search system, and to wait 30 seconds before your next request. Well, I've waited quite a bit longer than that, and it still appears to think I'm overloading the search feature.

Bug, Rod?

If you go to someone's profile on CP, and then from the Options drop-down menu choose "Find Member's Posts" or "Find Member's Topics" you're told that you're flooding the search system, and to wait 30 seconds before your next request. Well, I've waited quite a bit longer than that, and it still appears to think I'm overloading the search feature.

Bug, Rod?

Worked fine for me.

From this thread...clicking on your name and choosing find topics.

Worked fine from your profile as well.

Todd's got you on a short leash so you don't become a post-whore! :laugh:

Perhaps its a "need to know" issue and you don't need to know. :sign:

Bug, Rod?

Must be using a Mac.

Quite possibly a bug. I installed sphinx recently, which is a sql search engine server/add-on. It has cut down on the load, however it may be causing the issue you're experiencing. IPB v3.0 will be installed soon. :)

Quite possibly a bug. I installed sphinx recently, which is a sql search engine server/add-on. It has cut down on the load, however it may be causing the issue you're experiencing. IPB v3.0 will be installed soon. :)

Nah, Chrome has been gagging since I started using it months ago. I shift browsers when I need the feature.

CigarPass Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
The error returned was:

Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 20 seconds before trying again.

Same problem as Moki mentioned. That was without using search before getting the error message.

Wurm - are you using Safari?