• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Belicoso Finos 2007

interleukin2

Name: Belicoso Fino
Presentation: Slide Lid Box (SLD) Unvarnished Wood Silk Yellow Ribbon
Count: 25
Box Code: TEB Sep 07
Paired With: Filtered Still Water
Smoke Date: 8/19/08
Smoked Before: Yes
Pre-ligh draw:
Wonderfull chocolate notes with gingerbread.

First Impression:

First couple of puff revealed strong earthy peppery notes characteristic of the Bolivar profile.

Development:

After the first few puffs the cigar settled quite nicely. I was picking up toasted notes, quite pleasant. About half-way through the cigar really opened up! Once the smoke left the palate I was hit with chocolate which then progressed to subtle wood notes with a smooth very faint vanilla finish. As the cigar was resting I noticed some smell of yeast and caramel. As the cigar continued the caramel and chocolate notes became more prominent and the peppery taste dissipated. The finish became more tannic and tobacco flavored as well, still smooth and cool. Some notes of roasted corn were also detected. The cigar's flawless draw resulted in wonderful thick smoke that coated the palate and continued to release toasted tobacco, vanilla, and very subtle cherry notes The burn was excellent with no relighting necessary. The final third of the cigar became more earthy as the toasted tobacco notes grew but did not become offensive, I was also now picking up cedar notes as well. The cigar never became hot even after smoking well past the band suggesting good air/fuel mix that allowed proper combustion at the right temperature. Another sign of good rolling was that the ash was not too loose, it kept a good column of about 2 inches, and when the ash fell it did not leave a central "cone". Also the ash was gray mixed with dark patches. Looking forward to aging.

Definitely a repeat buy:
Rating: 8.5

Name: Belicoso Fino
Presentation: Slide Lid Box (SLD) Unvarnished Wood Silk Yellow Ribbon
Count: 25
Box Code: TEB Sep 07
Paired With: Filtered Still Water
Smoke Date: 8/19/08
Smoked Before: Yes
Pre-ligh draw:
Wonderfull chocolate notes with gingerbread.

First Impression:

First couple of puff revealed strong earthy peppery notes characteristic of the Bolivar profile.

Development:

After the first few puffs the cigar settled quite nicely. I was picking up toasted notes, quite pleasant. About half-way through the cigar really opened up! Once the smoke left the palate I was hit with chocolate which then progressed to subtle wood notes with a smooth very faint vanilla finish. As the cigar was resting I noticed some smell of yeast and caramel. As the cigar continued the caramel and chocolate notes became more prominent and the peppery taste dissipated. The finish became more tannic and tobacco flavored as well, still smooth and cool. Some notes of roasted corn were also detected. The cigar's flawless draw resulted in wonderful thick smoke that coated the palate and continued to release toasted tobacco, vanilla, and very subtle cherry notes The burn was excellent with no relighting necessary. The final third of the cigar became more earthy as the toasted tobacco notes grew but did not become offensive, I was also now picking up cedar notes as well. The cigar never became hot even after smoking well past the band suggesting good air/fuel mix that allowed proper combustion at the right temperature. Another sign of good rolling was that the ash was not too loose, it kept a good column of about 2 inches, and when the ash fell it did not leave a central "cone". Also the ash was gray mixed with dark patches. Looking forward to aging.

Definitely a repeat buy:
Rating: 8.5

Close....just a door off!

Nice review.

Nice review :thumbs:

I've got a box from May '07 and they are very good for such a young cigar. These and the BGMs made me more interested in the Bolivar marca and so far I have been rewarded.

In my limited experience with these cigars, they have tasted exactly as you describe. I am loving the Bolivar line so far.