• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Belicosos Finos

BOLIVAR BELICOSOS FINOS
u-title-bolivar.jpg

2.jpg

regle.gif

***The cigar is actually a little bigger ring gauge and over and inch longer than it appears in the picture. They are almost the same size as a Montecristo #2.***

I had been gifted one of these last year by one of the Cigar Pass legends (thanks Mr. R) and it blew my socks off! I knew at the time that I would be buying a box at some point in the future and that time was NOW.

FYI, the order was placed on June 25th and the box arrived on July 3rd...not bad! The bands arrived on July 7th.

A second interesting side note was that the plastic mailer had been slit open on the side and the box had been removed by customs. Both of the hinges had been pried completely off of the cigar box lid when the cigars had been inspected. Everything had been replaced into the mailer and no cigars were missing...but THEY did a thorough inspection. The seal in the front of the box was unbroken. LOL! The package came with the side of the mailer open, the box hinges complete unattached, but fortunately nothing was missing! It would have been easy to reach into the package and take out any or all of the contents. Good Luck!

Taste: You don't realize what you're missing until you get hold of a truly spectular quality cigar. I had been satisfied with my Dominicans/Hondurans and forgotten how good a cigar can really be...until this shipment arrived. I sincerely do not mean to come off as a cigar snob or an elitist, but there is a BIG difference - HUGE - that is readily noticed from the first puff.

Ok, back to the taste. Full bodied, which is putting it mildly. Wonderful chocolately/salty taste. The salt same through in a very subtle manner. It reminded me of how a "Payday" candy bar used to taste, when the salty quality used to come through on the finish of a bite. Yum!

The experience was hard to pin down, because the taste kept alternating between flavors...sometimes two or more at a time. I have not had this experience with cigars other than those from certain locations, which shall remain undisclosed. Wink, wink!

The cigar was never harsh. As a matter of fact I didn't even have to drink anything while smoking it, because it didn't bite and was so delightful....as is! Chocolate, tobacco, caramel, salt. Wonderful aroma. This cigar was dessert to my taste buds. Gosh, but I had forgotten how wonderful a truly great cigar could be!

The wrappers were medium dark brown, oily, beautifully rolled. The cigars were in perfect condition and tasted absolutely fresh...to say the least.

All the cigars from this box that I have smoked, and there have been several now...have burned more or less evenly. I haven't had to touch up ANY of them after they have been lit. The aroma of the sticks are great. The ash has the characteristic tell tale BLACK in it that only shows up with certain cigars. Draw and smoke volume are, of course, perfect. The ashes are solid as a rock and fall off at over 1 inch in length.

Second side note: I smoked two of these back to back the second day after their arrival and I couldn't walk for awhile. LMAO! I had to laugh at myself, because this was only the second time that this has happened. Not a good idea to smoke two on an empty stomach. Yeah, they're full bodied!

Several thoughts went through my mind as I was smoking the first cigar out of the box. "Wow....these things are FANTASTIC. Better than the Montecristo #2s that I bought last time. Man, this is a tremendous cigar - head and shoulders improvement in quality compared to my 'regular' cigars. These are MUCH better! All of these wonderful complex flavors compared to regular stogies. Was that actually caramel that I tasted...wow? Geez, I guess you really do get what you pay for. Gosh, I wish I had some Havana Club 7 to got with this....too bad. Sigh, life is good!"

All I can say in closing is that I am completely happy with this purchase. I truly got what I paid for. The wait and worry of safe arrival was worth the trouble. The cigars ARE of superior quality, and that's putting it mildly. This was money well spent. A nickel that is not spent toward the purchase of cigars - THIS GOOD - could have been spent better. I don't spend megabucks like some people on this site, well...not recently anyway, but I do occasionally place an order. This cigar was well WORTH the money, effort, and worry of safe delivery.

Where do you buy cigars like these? Check out the retailers that advertise on this website...they're the BEST!

As usual Sam, your review was top notch. As well as the cigar. :)

The BBF is one of my favorite Habana cigars. Consistent flavor and burn. :thumbs: