• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Belicosos Finos

stlboarder

Pre-light the wrapper was light brown with no noticeable oil. I used a Xikar punch. It had a pretty decent draw. A little bit tighter than I usually like but not a deal breaker.

I light it up and was left with a slightly sweet taste on my lips.

The first 1/3 led with a creamy cocoa taste. A slight cedar after taste lingered. Plenty of smoke from each puff.

2/3: A earthy and woody taste started to replace the cocoa but it still remained creamy. The ash is white and held on until I knocked it off. (oops) It continues to exhume plenty of smoke and I haven't had to touch up at all.

The last 1/3 was just as good as the past 2/3. The earthy taste was slowly replaced with a creamy, nutty taste, and the wood/cedar finish continued.

Overall I think this is a great cigar. Great construction and despite a mildly tight draw at first it opened up. The burn was immaculate. This cigar is definitely on my list of "must get".

Such a classic. I have to try that punch. I have V cut it in the past and it hasn't done me wrong.

I have had several boxes of these over the years and they have ranged from absolute favorites to so-so. My only wish is that they were more consistent because when they are on, they are unbeatable.

Nice review, and one of my regulars. I agree with Bkatz87 about the V cutter. It allows a good draw. Love the review and the cigar.

Back