• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Beli's Finos

Smokin'Tone

I just might be your huckleberry
This has become a top 5 for me. I'd put it at #1 actually for me. The wrapper is a silky, light veined beaut. Incredible pre-light. Smelled strongly of tobacco, leather and cedar. Mild floral floating around in there too.

Light was flawless. Just incredible. Tasted exactly like the prelight, but stronger. Either I'm adjusting to the strength of ISOM's, or this isn't as strong as the others were. Very fine cigar. Spicey aroma'd smoke, reminded me of the way Yankee stadium smelled like when I was little, walking to the stadium, the sellers with the roasted nuts. Mmmm, that's what this smelled like to me. Very pleasant memories of my dad and I.

The ash, lemme tell ya. White as snow, packed tight, when you looked at it, it was like looking at a fresh piece of cut wood. You could see the rings. Nice. Went to almost 2 inches before falling into my lap :p That hurt, but I kept on puffing LOL. The battle scars I take for you guys sheesh :p

Slow burning, but never went out on me. Also had some mild toast flavors in there too come to think of it. Fran had 2 puffs of this one, so it's a winner.

I don't think I can say enough good things about this cigar. The only bad thing about the whole thing was it was over in an hour. It lasted a full hour. Nubbed it, loved it, and am going to buy another box of these and put them in the 'deep sleep' box.

This is also featured in my pass, and is from a batch from Oct 2001.

Overall, a solid 100 on everything for me. I would highly, no, strongly insist on trying this out. Just flat out exceptional cigar smoking.

Nice review there ST...looks like it was a good call for you to go with the BBFs on our group buy. I had one of these a while back and it was pretty darn good as I recall. Looking forward to trying this batch.

I'm enjoying the heck out of my BBF's. :love:

They're easily as good or better than the Montecristo #2s. ;)

S.

I just requested a box of maduro wrapped Beli's. If the nat's were that incredible, I can't wait to see what a maduro wrapped one will taste like.

I haven't had any Monte #2's yet. I know they're touted as one of the best, but what makes it so special? Anyone? Bueller?

The best way to describe the difference between the BBF and the Monty would be smoothness. I love both of these vitolas but if I want an in your face, baseball bat upside you head smoke I go with the BBF. The Monty is a lot smoother with a lot of flavor.

I smoke a BBF after a great meal. The Monty is an afternoon or late evening cigar when I'm relaxing. :thumbs:

Ahhh, the full Monti ;) I've had (2) #2's, both of recent release. My understanding is they don't measure up anymore comparatively to older releases.