• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Bonitas (aged)

Omskakas

My retailer sells box of these (25) from 1998 for about 230 dollars. I haven't tried the cigar, but I read Kiganz's review about them and he seems to like them a lot. It's bit pricey for a poor family man like me (who just ordered cigars for over 500 € :). I was wondering what do you guys think, are those worth the money? Or what do you think in general: Is it waste of money to buy pre-aged cigars?

I had only one a while back and it was very good. :love:
It was only a couple of months old but it sure taste good.
The construction and the burn were great too.

$230 a bit expensive in my book.
Its more then twice for a new box.
But then again it got 12 years on it so...
Maybe you can ask him to break it into 5ers but I doubt that he will agree to that.

Edit to add:
If u decide to buy it dont forget to check the cigars thoroughly.
You never now what they went through all those years.

Omskakas

a very nice cigar...boxes from mar'99 were in the heathrow duty free (terminal#1) last july...70 gbp's.

derrek

Thanks for input!

$230 a bit expensive in my book.
Its more then twice for a new box.

When you put it that way... I'd better buy two fresh boxes, smoke one and let the other age.

dvickery: Lucky you! Seems like 145 pounds for -98's is expensive.

Just had a fresh Bonita last night and it was delicious! Good luck putting down a box for 12 years!

I kinda sorta like Bolis ( :D ) however $230 for a box of Bonitas? Even from '98, no way I'd spend that. Could get three boxes more recent release for that. ;)

My retailer sells box of these (25) from 1998 for about 230 dollars. I haven't tried the cigar, but I read Kiganz's review about them and he seems to like them a lot. It's bit pricey for a poor family man like me (who just ordered cigars for over 500 € :). I was wondering what do you guys think, are those worth the money? Or what do you think in general: Is it waste of money to buy pre-aged cigars?

Heck for $9.20 each I would buy a couple of sticks and give it a taste...

Heck for $9.20 each I would buy a couple of sticks and give it a taste...

Me too. Too bad retailer won't sell. It's box or nothing.

I am really not that big a fan of buying aged smokes from retailers. You don't always know where they got them or how they were stored. Better to buy new boxes from a trusted retailer and age them yourself. Of course...that does take some self control. That said, I will go in on group buys on vintage boxes. The cost overall is not as steep and if you get some badly aged cigars, it does not hurt so much.

I bought a box of non-aged Bonitas (-07) to try. Waiting for the summer... :love: