• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Fuerte

Shadow

That's DON Shadow to you!
Smoked a pre-production Bolivar Fuerte Double Corona that I got at the Whippany Holiday Herf last month. Do not mistake these for the Dominican Bolivars. The Fuerte is a strong flavorful cigar that is entirely different than their mild brothers. First, the wrapper was a dark brown with a silky feel to it. The pre-light aroma fortold that this would be a cigar with lots of flavor. Draw was easy. The burn was slow and even. The cigar started strong and stayed strong throughout the stick. I'm not big into describing flavors like CA is, but this cigar had a light spicy flavor that lasted the entire length. The ash was gray and I had about a one inch ash that I finally knocked off. This was 1 hour and 45 minutes of pure cigar smoking bliss.For those of you who like a strong flavorful cigar you are going to need to try one of these when they become available.

Thanks for the heads up on the Bolivar
Fuerte. I had tried both of the DR
Bolivar lines and was not impressed.
Without your review, I probably would
not have given the Ferte a second thought. Thanks.

Smoked two Bolivar Fuerte 654's over the past week. They sure are "fuerte", but I was disappointed in their flavor. These are well made, attractive cigars with a strong kick, but mostly one dimensional in the taste department. Not bad smokes, but there are better full-flavored cigars out there.

I enjoyed the one I had but I will second the responce of very little flavor along with the strength!

I agree about the 654. Try the smaller ring gauges like the corona sizes. You will find more flavor in this stick.

I personally don't care for Bolivar cigar. ??? That is until I found the Fuertes a few months ago. :D  Now, I'm addicted.  I also, finally found a small quick smoke worth spending my time on. :p  And that is the Bolivar Fuerte Palmitas. :D  For a small smoke, they kick @$$. :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :p

Wolfman, JR is running a catalog special on the Fuertes. Buy any box, get a box of the Palmitas free.