• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar

ree ree robusto

Official Misfit
Reaction score
I'm thinking of expanding my horizons to something other than Cohiba. They've been my favorite so far. Bolivar looks good, but unsure:0 . Any suggestions on this smoke? Or any other ISOM's? I like the more medium to full smokes. Thanks fella's!

Ree

The Bolivar Belicoso Fino is one fine smoke. It's my favorite of the Bolivar line.

The only Boli I really love is the Coronas Junior. Best Minuto going. Some other favorites include:

SC La Punta
VR Unico
SLR DC
RASS
SP Non Plus
H. Upmann Mag 46
RyJ Churchill

Check them out :)

SLR Serie A (same size as a Siglo IV)
SC El Principe (same size as a BCJ)
SC La Fuerza (same size as a CoRo)
RA 8-9-8 (same size as a Siglo V)
VR Famosos
Qd'O Gran Coronas (same size as a Siglo III)
H Upmann PCs (same size as a Siglo II)
SLR Churchill (same size as an Esplendido)

I'm not a big Bolivar fan as I find the cigars I mentioned above have more flavor and strength (well okay except the Qd'O on the strength) than Bolivars.

CC, as much as you rave about the SLR's I can't wait to try those soon, but I gotta say the BBF is a great smoke.

rrr
try any of the 42 ring bolivars...you will not be disappointed.
they are above average strength and way above average flavour/taste that can only be called bolivar.

coronas juniors
petite coronas
coronas
lonsdales

all good smokes that become great smokes in not very many years.

derrek :)

The BBF SLB is one fine smoke. The coronas, lonsdales etc are all very nice but I think the BBF SLB is slightly better.

Bolivar Royal Coronas & BBF SLB's are 2 from the Bolivar line I like...price is right also.

BBF
PC
Corona

I'v had all 3 and liked them all, probably the corona was my favorite. Try to stay away from the 99 & 00. Earlier or later are better.

As for Bolis.... you might like the Royal Corona, Corona Extra Cab, Corona Gigantes, Belicoso Fino and for a tiny powerhouse... give the machine made Chicos a try!

Wade

This brand will deffinately grow on you. They age extremely well too!
To me this is not a novice smoke ....
My first Bolivar a few years ago... I found to be a little to over the top. But I've been smokeing them a little more the last year, and I have a new found interest, it's one of the more robust flavored of the Cuban brands.

My last lonsdale was exceptional!

Ouch!

Now..... that ...... hurt! :sign:

Beeeeeeiiiiiiiawwwwwwwwwt.......ch! ;)

I've been enjoying the Bolivar #3 tubos found in the bottom crevices of my Igloodor. They are from March of '03. Very good.

Smoked my first BBF last weekend. It was definetly a power house, but I certainly enjoyed it. I didn't know what to expect and was quite impressed by the time I was through. I am certainly going to invest in some more of those soon!

Ree

I have enjoyed every vitola of Bolivars that I have had the pleasure of sampling:

Bolivar Coronas Gigantes -- the strongest, most complex Churchill IMO
Bolivar Coronas Extra -- the ones I have are from 1998 -- exceptional
Bolibar Petit Coronas -- arguably the best Mareva
Bolivar Belicoso Finos -- great size and shape, but not my favorite Boli
Bolivar Londdales -- terrific when not over-tight.

I haven't tried them yet but have read raves about Coronas Juniors