• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Booker's bourbon review

carddoug

Banned
I've had Booker's a few times at a local bar and really enjoyed it. So I went to my local wine and bourbon shop and picked up a bottle and tonight I was greeted with a great bourbon. My bottle has an age of 7 years and 8 months posted on the bottle.

Nose- it smells really sweet! Almost brown sugar ish to it, also vanilla.

Taste- at the first of the sip there is certainly a leather and oak thing going on. That shortly turns into a a burn I've never felt before (could be the high proof) the burn wasn't harsh at all, it had a very distinct alcohol taste (not sure if there is a better way to describe it lol) the end was very, very good. It tasted almost just like butterscotch! The finish was long and sweet, all the flavors from the beginning crept back in for the for the long finish with oak, vanilla and leather!

Great bourbon!

Nicely done. Did you cut it? This is one of the few bourbons I have to cut, either an ice cube or a little water. But is by far my favorite bourbons and is simply a flavor explosion.

No cut, just a cube of ice to cool it a bit. So now that I think about it...I guess yeah, lol.

I'm going to have to try this. Hopefully my local store has it. Is it hard to find?

Nice review! I really enjoy Bookers as well.

It is pretty widely available for $54.00-$62.00 a bottle around here.

I'm going to have to try this. Hopefully my local store has it. Is it hard to find?

This and others was on Modern Marvels last night on Directv. Right now I have Knob Creek, but will consider Bookers for my next. Uh. Nicely writen.

Just picked some up. They also had Jefferson's very old. Is this anywhere near the 18 yr?

I've never had any from Jefferson! I'm gonna have to give them a try soon!

But I would not think its near the 18 yr mark.

Yea that was probably dumb of me to ask haha. They do have some Four Roses single barrel that I have heard is good. That's next on my list. Tonight will be the Bookers though! I'll let you know what I think of it.

I've never heard of red rose!

Look for se black maple hill bourbon, I haven't seen any in over a year but you may be able to come across some. You won't be disappointed. Especially with the 21 or 23!

I don't care for four roses! Too sweet for me, I had to give the single barrel away to a friend. I couldnt stomach it lol

I didn't want to make another topic asking this. Last year was my first purchasing a buffalo trace antique collection ( eagle rare 17) I was only able to find the one. I thought I purchased it in September but can't really remember. Does anyone know when they usually release these? I plan on getting eagle rare 17 again, stagg and the weller.