• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boswell eluding this old fogie.

MadMonk

OK, I've been trying for probably 3 years to get a new Boswell.
What is the secret to getting in early enough to get the one I want on release day?
I like bent pipes, and I ALWAYS miss them.
I'm wondering if modern communication technology, or the lack thereof, has something to do with this.

I am a single dad, and I manage an engineering group, so, the fact that my days are fully involved probably doesn't help.

To be perfectly honest, most of the pipes themselves don't really turn me on from the standpoint of asthetics,
but I hear he consistently produces good smokers.
In the end, that is what really matters. If anybody can lend any advice, I would be most appreciative.
If your advice helps me get a good smoker, I will certainly show my appreciation. ;)

Thanks guys.

Dan,

Basically, on release days, I wake up at 6 am (9 AM EST) and just have Boswells on redial until I get a hold of someone and then order the pipe. Some are expesnsive, and on the new release pipe page I try to pick out 3-4 I'd want, so I dont get my heart set on just one because by the time I call it in, it is probably gone.

It's been awhile since I ordered one, and it was easier then. You still had to be online right when they put them up (which was about 11AM eastern back then) and call right away most of the time.

When I bought my first Boswell I waited for about 2 days after it was put up trying to decide (the pipes also started at $10-$15 less, too). Times sure have changed.

One thing you could do then that I don't know if you can do now is call and ask if they have anything similar in stock at the store. I know he doesn't do custom stuff anymore, but they were always very willing to do this. Like I said, I don't know if they'll still do that.

Good luck! My Boswells are great smokers. They're beefy and heavy, but they make up for that in how they smoke.

Dan,

Basically, on release days, I wake up at 6 am (9 AM EST) and just have Boswells on redial until I get a hold of someone and then order the pipe. Some are expesnsive, and on the new release pipe page I try to pick out 3-4 I'd want, so I dont get my heart set on just one because by the time I call it in, it is probably gone.

This + what Alan said about checking with them to see if they have something similar on the shelf. They usually have quite a few pipes in the store.

Good luck!

Dan,

This + what Alan said about checking with them to see if they have something similar on the shelf. They usually have quite a few pipes in the store.

Good luck!

He is still alive! Hope you're doing well Dan.

Dan,

Good luck!

They generally have about 100 pipes in the store of various types... I can tell you that over Christmas their inventory dips a bit. Their pipes are great smokers, and the Boswells are good folks...

Dan,

Good luck!

Yup!

Dan,

Good luck!

They generally have about 100 pipes in the store of various types... I can tell you that over Christmas their inventory dips a bit. Their pipes are great smokers, and the Boswells are good folks...

I still hope to sneak up there before Christmas......

Thanks John. Same back atcha. :)
Or are you talking to Mr. Wolf? Is he blessed with the same first name as me?

Also, I wanted to add a clarification.
I do see these on the second hand market, but want a nice bent style pipe fresh from Boswell.
Break it in myself, experience it all from the start sort of thing.

Thanks John. Same back atcha. :)
Or are you talking to Mr. Wolf? Is he blessed with the same first name as me?

Also, I wanted to add a clarification.
I do see these on the second hand market, but want a nice bent style pipe fresh from Boswell.
Break it in myself, experience it all from the start sort of thing.
lol, thought that was odd, but yes, I'm blessed with it as well

Dan,

Good luck!

Yup!

Dan,

Good luck!

I still hope to sneak up there before Christmas......

Don't sneak! Just make it happen! You could pick up your mags...