• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BOTL W.I.A. UPDATED HE'S HOME!

Turk10mm

Just smokin
A BOTL of mine, from another forum has been wounded in action. His Buffalo was hit with an RPG. Information is sketchy at the moment. I'll repost what was posted on the other forum. Just a couple of months ago we had a going away herf for him. He can't have been in country for a month, if that. He's a good kid with a bright future. It saddens me, and angers me even more because of the faceless cowardice from our enemies who refuse to wear a uniform and fight like soldiers. Damn them all to hell.

"dHutch was on a training mission on either the 20th or the 21st and his convoy was attacked. Davids buffalo was hit by an RPG injuring David and his friend next to him. David fired off 3 rounds with his grenade launcher before air force flew in and blew up the area. David was taken to the hospital at the base for shrapnel wounds, mostly in the thigh. He has now had two surgeries and is now in "non-life-threatening" condition. His friend next to him had shrapnel in the brain but was conscious and talking to David coherently while in ICU. David will be transported to Germany at latest by Tuesday for further stabilization."

Wish my buddy well, as well as all men and women in harms' way. May they came home safe.

Never forget..

UPDATE!!!!

Hey guys! First time I've been allowed near a computer since my "incident." I appreciate everyones warm wishes and thanks for yals support. The story yal got has a few facts that are missing and or wrong but thats ok, we can set those straight.

First of all we werent out on a training mission, this was a planned, thought through real life thing. We had planned to go out with a few of the guys from the unit we were replacing to do a patrol of the area, get use to the roads/terrain. The entire mission was supposed to last around 3.5-4 hours with a route along what we thought at the time was an unhostile area. We were about halfway through the mission, almost to where we were supposed to turn around when our lead truck came under small arms fire(AK47's, RPKs, etc.). Shortly after I heard the firing 3-5 hostile popped up directly to my 12 o'clock or the trucks 3 o'clock. I immediatley engaged the personnel with my MK19(automatic grenade launcher) and destroyed to the target to the best of my ability. I had HEDP rounds which have a kill radius of about 15meters and a shrapnel radius of about 50. The targets were no further than 50-75 meters away atop of a hill. Almost instantaniously after destroying my targets, our turck was struck by an RPG on the driver side trunk area. The RPG made its way inside the truck before exploading, that's when all hell erupted. The blast was so fast I was layed out inside the truck with both of my legs completey numb before I even knew what happened. At that point everything was in slo-motion and communicating with my driver and commander was a b*tch. When I landed in the truck, my head landed in my 1SG's lap. As I looked up, I could tell he was in bad shape. His entire face, neck, and body armor were covered in blood. I immediatley began doing what I could to control his bleeding and keep him awake. From what I have been told we traveled out of the area in a hurry to find a suitable evac site. After reaching the evac site the medic and I began working on 1SG as best we could ....well as best I could....I still couldnt feel my legs at this point. After about 10-15 minutes of working on 1SG, thats when I began feeling the burning in my right thigh. I had the medic come check it out and sure enough my right pant leg was peppered with holes. We got me out of the vehicles just minutes before the evac helipcopter was on site. Doc wrapped my leg up where the worst bleeding was and we waited. At that point I was on the stretcher to be carried to the bird. When the bird arrived we realised our 2nd stretcher was missing and so I hopped up and told them to put 1SG on the stretcher. Doc helped me hobble over to the chopper and they got 1SG on board and we were on our way. I wont go into details about the medical stuff...(worst part about this whole ordeal), but I will say I had 2 surgeries already to remove shrapnel from my right though and close up the wounds. At this point I still have a nickel size piece of shrapnel under my right feimer(sp?) and no feeling in my right foot or right calf. I'm sitting in Germany at the moment awaiting airlift to Andrew's Airforce base in DC. That plane takes off tomorrow afternoon; then the next day I fly to San Antonio where the remainder of my operations and therapy will be completed.

Like stated in the other post, I've already received the Purple Heart from the Major General of the 101st Airborne Division and I've been submitted for the Bronze Star with Valor for actions under fire and for putting 1SG's injuries first.

Right now I'm in good hands and my spirits are high. I feel fine....well the best I can with holes in my leg, but otherwise I'm great. Looking forward to getting back home and having a cigar with you guys.

Again I cant thank yal enough for your support, and I love each and everyone of you. Hopefully in the next few days when I have access to a PC with thumbdrive access, I can post up a few pictures of my wounds and the purple heart ceremony.

dhutch1.jpg

Damn shame. Hopefully they blew the scumbags away. Thoughts going out to the fine gentlemen!

Will definitely keep him and his family and loved ones in my continued prayers.

MANY PRAYERS SENT. I'm very sorry to hear your friend was WIA, but I'm happy that his condition is now improving. Please thank him for his service.

Prayer sent for a speedy and full recovery for the both of them.

Thoughts to him and his family and to all that serve.

Glad to hear his is on the mend.

Paul

Prayers sent to him and his Family Turk.
Keep us updated on his progress will ya mate.

Dave

Thanks to your friend for his service and sacrifice; and prayers to him & his family.

Please give David my gratitude for the sacrifices he has and continues to make on behalf of our freedom. Prayers going out to him and his family and friends. Brave guy!

Sorry to hear about your friend, but happy to hear his condition is improving. Prayers and best wishes to all.

Ken

not much of an update, but

"Hutch has already been awarded the purple heart and the sgt. said if Hutch hadnt gotten his rounds off his battle buddied would have sustained much worse injury, they are in the process of getting him a bronze star at the moment."

i never knew a for real hero before :) guess i do now.

Prayers sent. My cousin, she's Army posted in Bahgdad for another few months... May they all come home safe.

Prayers sent.
I hope and pray that all the brave men and woman fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan come back safe and sound.

wow, way to respond though. Sending 3 rounds of American might back at those bastards. Glad to see he got to fire back.