• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boveda Humidor Seasoning Kit

gardkarlsen

Hi

I'm breaking in my humidor with 3 packs of Boveda Humidor Seasoning Kit. According to the instructions I should leave them in the humidor for 10 days before I check the humidity level. Should the humidity level be 84% in the humidor at this point?
Anyway, I have some cigars that I will put into the humidor when it is ready and I will use the heartfelt humidity tube. But should I (can I) leave the Boveda Humidor Seasoning Kit in the humidor for a few days after I put in the cigars? I just figure that when I open the humidor, put in a lot of cigars (that might be a bit on the dry side) etc the heartfelt humidity tube might have some trouble keeping the humidity level up to start with. So maybe the Boveda Humidor Seasoning Kit can be a start help even after I put in the cigars. Does this make any sense?

My desktop hit about 76-78% after a couple of weeks with the Boveda seasoning kits - you really just want to make sure you're above the RH you plan on storing your sticks at. Once seasoned, I would take the packs out and throw your smokes and the beads in there and keep an eye on the RH & make sure the beads stay wet. Chances are it'll read a few % lower than the RH of the beads for a week or so while the cigars adjust to the new humidity, then even out after that. The beads and the packs will "compete" with each other - any extra humidity the packs put out will get sucked up by the beads, so I wouldn't put them together. Best of luck with your new humi (hope it's a big one!) :thumbs:

When using the kit your humidity should read around 80% after the ten day period preferred humidity for most smokers is between 65-70% RH so if you put cigars in your humidor at 80% the humidity should settle down to the desired level so you don't really need to leave the boveda packs in there.