• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bowmore Dusk

PaulMac

Hey again all, I also kinda been in reading mode lately like AVB, so time to jump back in with another review!

Bowmore Dusk, 50% ABV, 750 ml, $40 range

dusk.jpg

Bowmore Dusk, like Bowmore Darkest, is a low to mid teens whisky, but this one is aged in Bordeaux wine casks, and is bottled at a hefty 100 proof.

The color is a very red brown, like Maryland clay if I recall from my childhood, think it was Maryland lol. The nose I gonna have to do my best at, may add to this later, got a bit of a stuffy nose right now. Get the usual light smokiness from Bowmore...but also what I can only describe as fruity spiciness....oxymoron? I dunno, but its what I get. Full bodied, and has a slightly oily texture. The palate is something I have never experienced, light smokiness, and light peppery spicy, normal so far, but I never thought a scotch would smack me in the face with what I can only describe as strawberry/raspberry flavors! The finish is more of the same with a pleasant warmth from the alcohol level.

This scotch is like nothing I have ever tasted, and I can recommend it on that basis alone....this will not be for everyone, but I certainly enjoyed it, as what I love best is when a scotch surprises me because I never had anything like it!

Until next time

Slainte!

PaulMac

I've had the Dusk and Dawn too but I don't own them. Of the three I like the Darkest best but maybe someday the others will show up on my shelf. Like Darkest this is also a 12 yo scotch. Nice review.

Great review! I have to say that I'm with AVB with regard to this "trilogy" - I prefer the Darkest myself. But, that said, I'll have to give this one another try. It's been a very long time since I've tried this one, but your review has inspired me.

Thanks!

Yeah, I haven't had dawn yet, but so far I prefer Darkest as well, great flavor to that one!

PaulMac