• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Box Code help

Is this a box in your possesion, or an advertised code? It appears to be inaccurate in the form you posted, but if this is from a trusted vendor's website, I'd guess that the "9" is actually an upside down "G", which would indicate the Partagas factory. Also, the "C" in the date could have been the result of some sort of dyslexic typo, and is really an "S" on the the box. FPG ONSU would certainly make sense. Do you mind posting the brand and name of the cigars?

Sorry, saw the subheading indicating LGC. This makes even more sense, as LGCs are/were produced at the Parti factory.

Thanks Roy- I do not have the box in possession, this is the code that was indicated by a source. ONSU would make sense to me as well. I've asked for clarification.

Thanks

FP9 ONCU?
FPG ONSU = Fernando Perez German 01/98

NIVELACUSO came out in 85-86 (I'm not sure...) so it has to be either a bad stamp, bad reading, bad eyes, or bad box.

Back in 1998 there was a run of boxes that went out with the FP9 code instead of the proper FPG one. It was a big controversy back then because people thought they were getting fakes. Habanos SA came out with a statement confirming there was a mistake made with these boxes and that they were indeed the real thing.

Not too worry about this code.

Not to hijack the thread, but i've got a question on a box code I just received.

Hoyo Churchills, box code
NO SU SS IV

I'm assuming October 1998, Sancti Spiritus. Just wanted to verify.