• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Box code help

moki

el Presidente
Should be from 1989 or so; the code is: CLUL and I'm told:

For your information. At the time being, the box code of dunhill and
Davidoff were stamped by the shop people(they don't need to follow the
people of Cubatobaco). Thus the font of the code was a bit different from
what you got in Cubatobaco.

Anyone know exactly how to decode this box code? I've looked at various guides, and none of them seem to make sense.

Looks like it's from '85 but not sure what the CL means. Of course being 20 years old I wouldn't be too concerned about the month :p

lucasbuck said:
Looks like it's from '85 but not sure what the CL means. Of course being 20 years old I wouldn't be too concerned about the month :p
Yeah I saw that under one system the UL would = 85 -- but the rest of it doesn't make sense to me, and I'm not sure if they are from 1985 or not.

Only thing I can think of is that *maybe* the C is a partially formed O, which would make it OLUL:

05 / 85

Assuming that's the date format they used back then. Anyone know for sure?

That's a good guess. I bet you're right. Maybe Matt will chime in.

Maybe it is an O

CL may have been a factory that closed also

-P-

Date Codes from 1985 to 1998:

N I V E L A C U S 0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

Shadow said:

N I V E L A C U S 0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
Yeah, going by that guide, it'd really have to be OLUL or 05/85 -- but is that the format of the box codes from that era? MM/YY?

moki said:
Shadow said:

N I V E L A C U S 0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
Yeah, going by that guide, it'd really have to be OLUL or 05/85 -- but is that the format of the box codes from that era? MM/YY?
Yes it is.