• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

box codes

occifer143

Hi, E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y
I am new to CP and need a little help. I contacted one of the sites that I found here on CP, for premium cigars. Where might the best place to check the box codes to be sure that I have real stuff? Thank you for your help.

I tried this same type of approach when I 1st got here. You wont get much help here unless you introduce yourself, hang out and get to know a few folks here 1st.

Good luck and Welcome from Ca.

I got a pm from this guy on another board asking to trade. He made one post there and has not posted since. ;)

Does the handle "occiferxxx", and him inquiring about contraband put anybody off at all? :whistling:
I'm just asking.

I betcha if you look hard enough on this forum there is one post that will answer most of what you are looking for...

Welcome from Surf City USA

I don't understand your question. The box codes are pretty simple these days:

"SEP 04" translates to "September, 2004"

Nowadays, the three letters before the date code are meaningless. They refer to a specific factory but they change these every couple of months so you can't tell anything from them.

kro77 said:
Cigar Weekly has an article on this if you are interested.

http://www.cigarweekly.com/community/resou...n_box_codes.asp

Not sure about accuracey, but google is a great resource.

- K
[snapback]226560[/snapback]​

People that CigarWeakly have banned or suspended cannot view that page. Now this is just my personal preference but I would prefer NOT to see ANY links on this site to CigarWeekly due to their propensity to ban and suspend people for no explanation and the refusal by the site owner to respond to emails sent to him.

My bad CC, I was not aware that it was bad form to post links to them, I can edit it out.

- Kro

Sorry guys, LIke I said I am new to talking in cigar rooms. I like cigars and figured that just reading other peoples post would not answer some of the questions I had. Yes I am in Law Enforcement, but I am a cigar lover like all of you. For you that are scared to help me, I understand, but for your info if there was some kind of sting or something they would not use some kind of law enforcement handle. Wow a monkey would know this. Thanks for those who did try helping me out. I am a novice and do not want to spend hundreds of dollars on fake sticks. Thanks again

Recommend that you introduce yourself to the board in the lobby. Also try out the Newbie Sampler trade, it is the best value you would ever get.

Dan

kro77 said:
My bad CC, I was not aware that it was bad form to post links to them, I can edit it out.

- Kro
[snapback]226587[/snapback]​

Oh no, it's not bad form at all. EVERY OTHER PUBLIC CIGAR SITE out there will let you look at their posts without being a member EXCEPT CigarWeekly which is ridiculous. They have a habit of banning and suspending people with no warning and for no good reason and when you ask them politely, they ignore you. I find that very annoying. :angry:

occifer143 said:
Sorry guys, LIke I said I am new to talking in cigar rooms. I like cigars and figured that just reading other peoples post would not answer some of the questions I had. Yes I am in Law Enforcement, but I am a cigar lover like all of you. For you that are scared to help me, I understand, but for your info if there was some kind of sting or something they would not use some kind of law enforcement handle. Wow a monkey would know this. Thanks for those who did try helping me out. I am a novice and do not want to spend hundreds of dollars on fake sticks. Thanks again
[snapback]226718[/snapback]​

OH MAN, yet ANOTHER LEO from Illinois :D Where's ggiese?

As a rule I delete any post over at CF if it has a reference to Cigar Weakly. They are enemies to cigar smokers the world over.