• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Box of Padron 1964 Anniversary Torpedo Maduro

Can you help explain this problem before I decide if I should place an order or not?

Link

Thanks! :thumbs:

It looks like this is one of those situations where it would be great if we could just start over. Although Kevin may have used some marketing methods we don't agree with and rubbed a few members (FOGs) the wrong way, he does appear to be trying hard to get our business. He's been offering up cigars for quite decent prices, for example these, which are $10 less plus the cost of shipping than Famous. (I just checked)

Also, I believe in the recent threads with the 1926's he had some good deals on the samplers, then split up the samplers at our request.

Anyways, perhaps we can be a little bit less harsh, and Kevin can try to be a little more congenial if we do criticize him (I'm hoping that is a halfway point). I'm not sure about other folks, but I do see some value in his being a site sponsor as well. While it doesn't give anyone a "get out of jail free" card, perhaps we should be a little more respectful of him, and save the flaming for the asshole trolls who keep trying to sell us gym memberships and ipods, or fake habanos.

And for the record, I don't work for him, and I'm not him signed into a second account! And I haven't even ordered anything from him as well. I think I'm a neutral party.

Gonz said:
It looks like this is one of those situations where it would be great if we could just start over. Although Kevin may have used some marketing methods we don't agree with and rubbed a few members (FOGs) the wrong way, he does appear to be trying hard to get our business. He's been offering up cigars for quite decent prices, for example these, which are $10 less plus the cost of shipping than Famous. (I just checked)

Also, I believe in the recent threads with the 1926's he had some good deals on the samplers, then split up the samplers at our request.

Anyways, perhaps we can be a little bit less harsh, and Kevin can try to be a little more congenial if we do criticize him (I'm hoping that is a halfway point). I'm not sure about other folks, but I do see some value in his being a site sponsor as well. While it doesn't give anyone a "get out of jail free" card, perhaps we should be a little more respectful of him, and save the flaming for the asshole trolls who keep trying to sell us gym memberships and ipods, or fake habanos.

And for the record, I don't work for him, and I'm not him signed into a second account! And I haven't even ordered anything from him as well. I think I'm a neutral party.
[snapback]217299[/snapback]​

Gonz,

I agree but his rebuttal was little god like mentatility. Dont you think? I agree his prices are nice.

DevilsMilk said:
Gonz said:

Gonz,

I agree but his rebuttal was little god like mentatility. Dont you think? I agree his prices are nice.
[snapback]217312[/snapback]​

Saw this after my last post on the postcard thread. Cigar Pass customers are very valuable. My first post was due to the fact that I was furious that anyone would recieve one of the postcards with postage due. It was absolutely shocking and unacceptable. I am on it, of course, and will make sure that all the postage is taken care of on our end. We have had very mixed results from the mailing. Many people have emailed me saying that they were excited to recieve it (both members and non members of Cigar Pass), others, as you have witnessed are not so happy (actually the minority). There are certain CP members (9 of them emailed so far) that are hesitant to post their positive remarks on the thread because some of the more established members who didn't like the mailing would view them.

We can't please everyone, and I certainly will never be the sole provider of cigars to CP members. This doesn't bother me. I take very good care of my existing customers and anyone that would grace us with their business.

I gotta admit it is a decent price. Too bad I bought more Scotch instead :p

I'll pass. I choose to give my business to dealers who show tact and courtesy. 2 things you clearly lack.

Tenpin said:
Anyone check and see if Ian has these in stock. He is listing them at $249 + shipping!

Jim
[snapback]220842[/snapback]​

thats a steal if so. i can get them for 270 + tax.

KevinWHoecker said:
There are certain CP members (9 of them emailed so far) that are hesitant to post their positive remarks on the thread because some of the more established members who didn't like the mailing would view them.

You just can't help yourself can you? First off I highly doubt you're telling the truth. I'd believe that nine CP members emailed you but did ALL of them say "Thanks for the post card, I'm hesitant to post my appreciation of your post card on CigarPass because of how I'll be viewed by others." I don't doubt that one or two people might have said that but NINE? C'mon Kevin, you have a habit of stretching the truth (which is synonomous with lying) kinda like here:

It's called direct marketing, advertising 101. Happens all the time. Our marketing guy did it. He also made sure stamps went on all of them. I am mind boggled how a post card would come with postage due.

If you don't like deals, throw it out. Cigar International does it, Thompson Cigar does it, JR Cigars does it. If you dont like their deals either, thrown them out. The list was of known cigar smokers. Of course there are going to be some of you on it. You smoke cigars and you obviously spend a lot of time on the internet. There were about 10,000 names on it.

10,000? Kevin, Kevin, Kevin, you can't be serious. :laugh: Every post card had to be printed, stamped, an address label applied AND a coupon code sticker. Do you know how many man hours it would take to do this? I do because I've done political mailings of this size with volunteers and the answer is ONE HELL OF A LONG TIME, time that I highly doubt you and your "company" have. My educated guess is that you probably sent out a couple of hundred, as many addresses as you could glean from CigarPass profiles and profiles of other unsuspecting souls on other sites. I also do not believe that you spent $2,300.00 on postage, $250.00 on the address labels, $50.00 on the labels for the "coupon code" and a few hundred dollars on the two sided color printing of these cards.

Sorry Kevin but I just don't believe you about ALL NINE people saying they were hesitant to post because of how they'd be viewed by others as I did not believe your 10,000 post card story. I have no confidence in your ability to tell the truth.

Even if you're telling the truth, both of these claims you make are almost unbelievable you should be smart enough to keep your mouth shut but you just can't seem to help yourself.

Please stop bull$hitting us or making it look like your bul$hitting us.......

Gonz said:

Tell ya what "Gonz" if he said this TO YOU, what would you think of him:
This thread would have been much more interesting if people such as coventry kitty cat focused on the question that I asked rather than venting his frustration brought about by his dead end job and lack of a girl friend. Anyone else agree?
You want to back this prick up, you go right ahead, you won't be making too many friends here. Kevin screws up, screws up AGAIN, and KEEPS screwing up, just like he did in this thread with his BS claim about NINE people telling him they didn't want to post their alledged "positive comments"

He's full-o-crap and you can't seem to see it.

Gonz said:

Gonz... I'm having some trouble staying neutral in this, and I have no desire to "start over" with Kevin given what's happened. The guy said some pretty nasty things - the worst of which (in my view) was his knee-jerk attack on CC. Okay - let's just say this is just a regular member (not a vendor). I think it would be possible for CC and Kevin to go to their respective corners on the board - not have any contact with one another - harbor their ill feelings, but stay away from one another... It could probably work. Maybe at some point down the road, things COULD work out....

But that's not what's going on here... Primarily because this guy refuses to acknowledge he's wrong, continues to act with the ego the size of a bus - and apparently believes it will all blow over, or he doesn't have to worry about what CC ane others that aren't happy think (remember, there are at least 9 people who PM'd him who are on his side)...

This guy is a vendor - asking people on this board to trust that he's an upright person. I'm sorry - I would not do business with someone who thinks it's appropriate to publically flame a respectied member of this boards employment and marital status. And then he openly and repeatedly lies to the members here. I've got a strong suspicion that any problem I would have with his business would not be properly taken care of. Based upon my personal experiences with other transactions with similar vendors and the difficulty I've had with their customer service - added to what I see Kevin doing here - I'm convinced he would worry about only one thing - $$$$$.

Gonz - if this guy said the things he said to you that he said to CC - I'd feel exactly the same way. If he said it to a guy who had a post count of one - I'd have serious reservations about him. You can hope for a halfway point all you want - it's not going to happen... What I understand your suggestion in your post is that anyone can pony up $100 a quarter or so, and then they can say and do what they want... I'm sorry, I don't agree you can pay for the privilege of being an a$$ on this board. To me, this guy IS an "a$$hole troll" - whether he is a $$$ vendor or not.

As far as Kevin selling his wares here - I can find the same cigars this guy is selling at a host of other vendors - ones I trust to do the right thing. ;)

"This thread would have been much more interesting if people such as coventry kitty cat focused on the question that I asked rather than venting his frustration brought about by his dead end job and lack of a girl friend. Anyone else agree?"

Marketing 101, tell a potential customer he's a loser who needs to get laid. I would have never thought of this type of marketing. I need to know which college is teaching this marketing class. I'm gonna send the manager of my retail business to this school so he to can impress our customers with this type of marketing genius.

The Master said:
"This thread would have been much more interesting if people such as coventry kitty cat focused on the question that I asked rather than venting his frustration brought about by his dead end job and lack of a girl friend. Anyone else agree?"

Marketing 101, tell a potential customer he's a loser who needs to get laid. I would have never thought of this type of marketing. I need to know which college is teaching this marketing class. I'm gonna send the manager of my retail business to this school so he to can impress our customers with this type of marketing genius.
[snapback]221184[/snapback]​

LMAO @ The Master!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes a hotheaded liar does not make a good salesman. Hi partner had enough of his crap too I think because when these guys went over to ClubStogie they used the screen name of his partner Michael. The tone and attitude is very different. They refrained from lying too :laugh: when I asked about the "Cigar Knowledge" section. That's always a nice touch. :laugh:

Allright, I was just making an attempt to offer a suggestion on how we could all move on. But I see alot of valid points coming from everyone on how this guy has failed, so I take it back. I was not trying to defend him, although it may have come accross that way, I was simply trying to offer a peaceful solution. I thought I had worded my post clearly enough to say that what he did was wrong, and that perhaps we could start over and give him a second chance. However, like a couple folks pointed out, he has not made an effort to admit his mistakes, and that's a necessity in trying to make amends.

I meant no offense to anyone involved, and certainly am not taking sides with this guy, which it seems would jeapordize (yeah, my spelling sucks) my membership here, and any respect I've been working on achieving.

CC, please don't say that I don't see that he's full of crap. I may be trying hard to find a positive in this whole thing, but that doesn't mean that I have been blind to what he's said, and done. What he said to you was simply wrong, and especially since it was you, was like jumping off the (high)diving board into an empty pool.

I'm sorry for trying to find a way out of this, and for making an attempt at negotiating a solution to this mess.

And if anyone finds what I've written here to be offensive, I'm sorry, as I've tried hard say this correctly, however as my wife will attest to, sometimes I just fail at words. :D