• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Box pressed cigars out to the humidor

Torske

Hi, and a Happy New Year from Norway!

This is the best question to "outing" I'm a newbie :D. Started to smoke cigars seriously last year. This year I'll concentrate mostly on NC's, because I'm pretty shure there's more experiences (good and bad) outside Cuba. So, - I've never even seen a box pressed cigar, but there is some on the way over the pond for me right now. What happens if I get the box-pressed out of the original box, and into my humi? Will it eventually turn round, and if so: How will this affect the draw? If it turns round, and the draw changes: Is there ways to eliminate the problem?

With regards from Norway,
Torske

Welcome to CP!

I'm my experience they become less squared off and tend to be more oval with edges, not a lot but noticeable. I don't think it affects the draw or flavor. Personally, I prefer round to pressed. I think they burn more evenly.

But, if you want to maintain a sharp box press, I'd leave them in the box.

They're likely to morph into a triangle or hypercube shape. Be careful lighting the hypercube.

They're likely to morph into a triangle or hypercube shape. Be careful lighting the hypercube.

Is there something I should know about the hypercube?? :love: And I think the boxed one looks straaange, but if they performs well I smoke 'em even if they look like a teapot (hmm, that one I think I would preferred to smoke in up most privacy...)

Welcome to CP. Head on over to the Introduction forum and post a intro and stick around. There is lots of info here that will benefit you over time. We have quite a few international members here and even a fellow Norseman.

Welcome to CP. Head on over to the Introduction forum and post a intro and stick around. There is lots of info here that will benefit you over time. We have quite a few international members here and even a fellow Norseman.

Thank you. My bad, and it's corrected. I've spend so much time here the last month I was sure I already done the intro ???.

Mr. Sulu; warp 10, the Klingons have found the hypercube engine. :0

Good one Mr. Holmes