• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boxpressed

Your Google-fu must be strong Grasshopper.

According to Cigar Advisor:

What are "box-pressed" cigars?
"Box-pressed" or "square-pressed" is when the cigars are literally "pressed" into the box so the box pressure creates a perfectly square shape. This was done originally to save shipping space and as a result, the process supposedly causes the cigars to burn longer, giving the smoker a more flavorful smoke. Good examples of box-pressed cigars include, Aspira, Don Tomas Dominican Selection, Padron Anniversary, Perdomo La Tradición, and Sancho Panza, to name a few.

if I remeber right from the Ultimate cigar book it was origanly done to stop the cigar from rolling off the table rp

Call me crazy, but isn't box-pressing and square-pressing different? Square-pressed cigars are intentionally pressed, whereas box-pressed just means that the cigar has been "misshaped" by the confinement of the box it's in. At least, that's what I've heard.

Your Google-fu must be strong Grasshopper.

According to Cigar Advisor:

What are "box-pressed" cigars?
"Box-pressed" or "square-pressed" is when the cigars are literally "pressed" into the box so the box pressure creates a perfectly square shape. This was done originally to save shipping space and as a result, the process supposedly causes the cigars to burn longer, giving the smoker a more flavorful smoke. Good examples of box-pressed cigars include, Aspira, Don Tomas Dominican Selection, Padron Anniversary, Perdomo La Tradición, and Sancho Panza, to name a few.

Mmmmm, Aspira. :rolleyes:

Back