• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Brandy that perfectly copliments cigrs

CgarDan

I have tried for what seems like the longest time to find a drink that would go well with cigars. I know that people say that scotch, whisky, burbon, cognac all match well with cigars, but for me they always had a flavor that was too strong and seemed to battle with what cigars will produce. But alas today I bought a bottle of brandy that once tried I right away knew will be something I will keep in my collection to drink with cigars.

It's smooth and not overpowering and at the same time has great lingering notes of apples, spices and oak. So if you like a cigar that has spice and flavor that is smooth and complex without being harsh you will really enjoy this as a pairing.

Name: Calvados Chateau du Breuil apple brandy
Price: $20 at least this is what I paid for it here in NYC

I will def reccomed you try it :thumbs:

Brandy that perfectly copliments cigrs

I have tried for what seems like the longest time to find a drink that would go well with cigars. I know that people say that scotch, whisky, burbon, cognac all match well with cigars, but for me they always had a flavor that was too strong and seemed to battle with what cigars will produce. But alas today I bought a bottle of brandy that once tried I right away knew will be something I will keep in my collection to drink with cigars.

It's smooth and not overpowering and at the same time has great lingering notes of apples, spices and oak. So if you like a cigar that has spice and flavor that is smooth and complex without being harsh you will really enjoy this as a pairing.

Name: Calvados Chateau du Breuil apple brandy
Price: $20 at least this is what I paid for it here in NYC

I will def reccomed you try it :thumbs:

Looks like someone's been hittin' the ole brandy bottle just a little too hard . :laugh:

By the way, Cognac is considered to be in the "brandy" family. ;)

This one is unique it is not flavored but rather made out of apples as compared to the regular brandy that is made from grapes

lol@CC.

I think he lost me at "apple"....................true brandy has no flavoring imo.

Calvados is neither new or unique. I'm actually surprized you found a $20 bottle even worth drinking as this is one of the few spirits I've run across where quaility does seem to go hand in hand with price. The wife and I got into the $80 range before we found one that was even somewhat worthwhile. (Dom DuPont Calvados Du Pays D auge Hors D'Age) Even that isn't going to get into our top 20.JMHO, YMMV