• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Breaking: CC signs with the Yankees

I believe they'll come to regret giving a 7-year deal to an overweight pitcher with a history of choking in the playoffs, who really didn't want to come to New York in the first place. When you leave $140 million on the table for over a month, I think that's a pretty strong message.

Anyway, maybe now Burnett will sign with the Braves.

The Yankees raised their offer once the west coast teams were about to give some offers. I think it's 7 years 170 million. I, for one, don't think he's worth it. He's had some good years. But 170 million? I don't blame CC, though. It's a dream come true when some team so desperate for some hardware think you're the savior and wants to pay you all that money.

How long would it be before one of the bonehead Steinbrenners call him a toad as well?

Who would give seven years? This will definitely come back to haunt them. Mussina was the only pitcher to sign a six year deal and pitch for those six years. Sabathia will need a new training regimen if he is to last seven years.

I think this will be another in a growing line of busts for the Yanks. I think a big reason for his success after joining the Brewers was that not many NL'ers were familiar with his stuff. He's going back to the AL where he has had some success but most everyone knows him. I also don't believe his post season failures will come into play for the Yanks. :whistling:

This is a great signing by the Yankees. He is only 28 and probably will pitch effectively for the next 4-5 years if they keep his innings down. There is little chance they will trod him out every 4 days to throw 8 or 9 innings like the Brew's did. I do hope that when the smoke clears the last years of the deal are club option just in case.

Projected Rotation:
Sabathia
Wang
Pettite
Chamberlain
Sheets/Burnett (if signed)
Hughes/Kennedy/Acevado/etc... as long relief and spot start

I can live with that going into next year

This is a great signing by the Yankees. He is only 28 and probably will pitch effectively for the next 4-5 years if they keep his innings down. There is little chance they will trod him out every 4 days to throw 8 or 9 innings like the Brew's did. I do hope that when the smoke clears the last years of the deal are club option just in case.

Projected Rotation:
Sabathia
Wang
Pettite
Chamberlain

Plus dont for get about this guy LINKY (CLICK HERE). I think the yanks are going down the road they should of been going down awhile back, spend the big bucks on pitching.

David

How you been H? I haven't seen you in awhile. According to your proposed rotation, could we accurately say that Sabathia is up and Wang is in the hole? :laugh:

Signing CC is great for the yanks on paper. I personally don't think he would be motivated after he gets his money. The only reason he pitched the way he did last year was for a contract, the brewers had no shot at winning the world series. With that said, he will probably still win around 15 games cuz of the yankee lineup, but won't be worth the money.

Signing CC is great for the yanks on paper. I personally don't think he would be motivated after he gets his money. The only reason he pitched the way he did last year was for a contract, the brewers had no shot at winning the world series. With that said, he will probably still win around 15 games cuz of the yankee lineup, but won't be worth the money.

I agree. I also agree greatly with him MoeCizlak. He's going back to the AL. Yeah, he's had some success in the past but I think the AL would get the better of him yet again. And this NYC media can truly get under your skin.

Projected Rotation:
Sabathia
Wang
Pettite
Chamberlain

I'd cross Burnett off that list. According to this from Ken Rosenthal, the Braves guaranteed a fifth year. After guaranteeing 7 years to Sabathia, it would be highly unwise to guarantee 5 to Burnett who has a history of injury problems (which is why everyone was reluctant to guarantee him 5 years in the first place).

The fuggin' Yankees could sign Jesus Christ himself and they'd still finish behind the Red Sox. A seven yr contract for a pitcher? What a waste of money.

Doc.

That agent that CC has is going to get lots more clientele! He has made the Yanks pay up. There is not a deferred money contract, everything is straight. Plus CC has the option of becoming a free agent yet once again in 3 years!! And a no-trade clause. That's a great agent.

Whomever says that the straight up money and an opt-out clause was Cashman's idea is smoking rocks. No way in hell does a GM grant those types of thing just cause.

That agent that CC has is going to get lots more clientele! He has made the Yanks pay up. There is not a deferred money contract, everything is straight. Plus CC has the option of becoming a free agent yet once again in 3 years!! And a no-trade clause. That's a great agent.

Whomever says that the straight up money and an opt-out clause was Cashman's idea is smoking rocks. No way in hell does a GM grant those types of thing just cause.

Quick question, is that option CC decision or Yankees? I am thinking CC, because if it is then yes I agree with you Cashman didnt come up with that idea. But if it was the Yankees I could see why they wanted to add the option. Just in case, he doesnt make it in New York.

David

PS. an FYI Cashman Graduated from my College Catholic University of America.

To save face and knowing the Yankee propaganda machine, they're going to say it was all the Yankees' doing for unspecified reasons.

They obviously did it because he a) wanted to play near his home b) wanted a chance to bat regularly c) guarantees them at least 3 years of service as opposed to 0 had they not succumbed to CC's requests

being a yanks fan i am tore with this decesion just from past experience paying big $$$ and not getting it in return. I have always put any addition on a strick they suck until they have performed for one year rule. so CC sucks until proven other wise, now let me work on getting my opening day tickets. anyone want to buy my future kids so i can pay for them?

Projected Rotation:
Sabathia
Wang
Pettite
Chamberlain

I'd cross Burnett off that list. According to this from Ken Rosenthal, the Braves guaranteed a fifth year. After guaranteeing 7 years to Sabathia, it would be highly unwise to guarantee 5 to Burnett who has a history of injury problems (which is why everyone was reluctant to guarantee him 5 years in the first place).

News this AM is that the deal for Burnett might be done as early as next week ($80m for 5). I think he might be a bit too injury prone but when he is healthy he can dominate in the AL East.

Plus, my gut tells me that Cabrera and/or Cano might still be traded for yet another starter instead of resigning Pettite.

I also have to tip my cap to the Mets getting Putz to pitch the 8th before handing the ball to F-Rod. That's going to be hard to deal with for NL teams.

Fish

Back