• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Brick House Churchill

Montagieu

So this is my first review. I haven't seen another review on this cigar and thought it would be a good one to cut my teeth on.

Name: Brick House Churchill
Measurements: 7.25" x 50
Nicaraguan Puro

My apologies to you foodies but cigars just don't have food flavors to me. While enjoying this smoke, I was watching "Inglourious Basterds". A great Tarantino film.

Initial inspection reveals a double cap and good construction with two large veins running the length of the wrapper. The unburned cigar has a pleasant fermeted vegetal aroma, like what you would find in a mid-stage aerobic compost (that's a good smell). The cap cuts cleanly and pre-burn draw is good.

Upon lighting, there is a sweet flavor and good spice on the tongue and the back of the throat with lots of thick smoke. The burn on the first third of the BH is a little jagged, but no touch-ups necessary. The ash is firm and white but drops at about 1.5". Smoke through the sinuses feels like a good shot of wasabi mustard but is not quite strong enough to bring me to my knees. The taste continues to be slightly sweet with a good spice on the tongue. At this point I would say the BH is between Medium to Full bodied.

"And cousin, business is a boomin". At the halfway mark, the BH is slightly sweet with a good tobacco flavor and still some spice on the tongue. However, the finish on this cigar is forgettable. I got too interested in the movie at this point when they started bashin' in Nazi skulls and the BH went out. I recut, and found a small amount of tunneling. Upon relight, the cigar once again rewarded me with abundant smoke.

The last third of the BH became full bodied and my head was a'buzzin on the nicotine. At this point I noticed more of that sweet flavor on my palate and more spice on the tongue. This was an enjoyable smoke accompanied by a great movie. This would be a good everyday cigar considering it can be bought at a B&M for around $5.00. One question I have for the viewers. I have noticed with the Nic puros that the taste is distinctly sweet. Not overly sweet, but very noticeable. Do others agree? and how do other regional puros compare?

BH-01.jpg

BH-02.jpg

BH-03.jpg

BH-05.jpg

BH-07.jpg

BH-06.jpg

-Montagieu

I absolutely love Tarintino's work in Inglorious Basterds. As for the cigar, I've noticed them a couple times at a B&M that's semi-nearby and was kinda curious about them. I think it's aroun $17 for a small coffin with 3 smokes. May have to try them out now.

I've now heard from several people that these are a really good deal. Next time I'm stateside I'll have to pick some up. Good review!

I had one last week and think it is a great 5.00 cigar!!! :thumbs:

This is definitely a GREAT smoke for the money. This cigar is made for Newman by a small Tabaquero in Nicaragua, run by him and his son. The production level isn't very high, but that's why the quality is where it is. Hopefully it'll stay the same. And nice signature line, Montageui.

Very nice cigars for there money indeed!
(Israel was so kind to tell me about these).

Rene

With higher humidity, they tend to get a sweeter complex.

Take one, dry box it and smoke it. It will be slightly more spicy and less sweet (if they are similar to Padrons).

I have had 2 of these. The smaller I think the robusto, it was ok but I really liked the churchill a lot.

Thanks for the review. I liked the two that I have had, but I agree with you on the finish: there is none. Newman has really increased the offerings of late. I tried an El Baton last week and was much more impressed. It had truly Nicaraguan taste that I thought the Brickhouse lacked.

I have a robusto BH I've been sitting on, I guess it's time to fire it up. Great review!

Never thought I'd have a "go to" cigar at my B&M when I have so many at home - but the Brickhouse Churchill was a great smoke and am glad he carries them.

John

I agree, they are a great smoke. The Churchill is the better vitola in the line IMHO.

The Brick House is the Cigar of the Year at 2 guys.

The Brickhouse has been my go to smoke lately. You cant beat the price point for these things and they smoke fantastic!

I've got a Brick House Corona Larga sitting in my humi that I picked on on a whim at my local B&M. Guess I will have to give this cigar a try sometime soon. Nice review.