• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Brickhouse Wine-O-dor :)

Brickhouse

J.C. Newman owes me royalties.
Been a few weeks, but I finished my wine-o-dor and thought I'd throw out a few pics. Thanks to xRanger for helping me with how to set it up and a huge thanks to LilBastage for the Ranco.

I am using the system bought from this thread.

I just finished the Luan shelves today, my father-in-law cut, rounded, sanded, and perforated them for me....as I'm a wood working dumbass. I love the shelves in there, much better than the metal ones.

I'm running a hydra as my humidification system with three fans branched from it. When the hydra kicks on to humidify, the fans kick on to spread the love. I removed all the green foam out of the hydra and replace it with SAPs (super absorbent polymers). MarkTwain gets all the credit for this idea and he sent me the SAPs to use as well.

All in all it's working great. Sits at a comfy 65-68 degrees with 65% humidity. The top stays the same or about 1% difference. The junk you see in the back under the Ranco is just some expanding foam I used to seal the hole I made when I inserted the temp gauge, I just need to clean it up.

Here are some snap shots, sorry but my camera sucks.

gallery_3010_521_319397.jpg

gallery_3010_521_206176.jpg

gallery_3010_521_314472.jpg

gallery_3010_521_245029.jpg

gallery_3010_521_45405.jpg

gallery_3010_521_19780.jpg

Thanks again to all that helped me in this project, I love it!

That looks sweet man I need to get some of those shelves for mine as well. I'm just using beads and keeping the coolers fan on low. Working like a champ I love it so far. Nice job!

Expensive taste ;) Great job!

Awesome set-up man! Shelves are nice! Just using a couple of the wire racks in mine. I'm the only one that goes in them, so no biggy. I would like to get something a little better than just the beads in it, something like you've got there. So you've got it wired to switch on at a certain temp?

Wow.. such a thing a beauty, how much did it run you if you don't mind me asking? When I grow up (which might be never, LOL) I wanna have a coolidor just like brickhouse. :thumbs:

Awesome set-up man! Shelves are nice! Just using a couple of the wire racks in mine. I'm the only one that goes in them, so no biggy. I would like to get something a little better than just the beads in it, something like you've got there. So you've got it wired to switch on at a certain temp?

The humidification is The Hydra. I have it set at 65%. So if my humidification drops below that...it kicks on until RH reaches 65%, then it shuts off. The fans that are hooked to it work the same way. If the hydra is running, so are the fans.

However, I altered my Hydra. I took out the green foam and used SAPs. See this thread for how it's done. It's working great.

ROFL, boy is my face red.

I just noticed all the comments on the Davidoffs. I'd love to tell you those are all full of them but I'd be a liar. Truth is I picked up those boxes for storage purposes only and there isn't one single Davidoff in that humi.....nor have I ever even had one.

Most of them are Tats or DPGs inside them boxes, hehe.

Wyatt - that just rocks..... :thumbs:

Great work and it looks like a solid investment to keep your smokes in perfect condition. Well done, my friend...!!!... :cool:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

Wow.. such a thing a beauty, how much did it run you if you don't mind me asking? When I grow up (which might be never, LOL) I wanna have a coolidor just like brickhouse. :thumbs:

Didn't mean to ignore your question, I missed it the first time I read the replies.

Let me see:

$71 - Cooler
$108 - Hydra with three fans
$0 - SAPs donated from Mark Twain
$0 - Ranco traded for some cigars from Lilbastage
$5 - 2x4 1/2" Luan Plywood Sheet
$5 - Extension cord that I split into the Ranco

Total: $189 for my entire unit.

Very nice, I have been looking for some larger storage lately. I was considering a coolador buy wasn't thrilled about having a cooler in the house, thinking it would just be a target for the kids. The Wine-O-dor seems to be a more attractive and safer option. Nicely done, I may have to copy cat that one!!

Hope this isn't a stupid question but what is a Ranco?

Ranco is the brand name of the temperature controller I'm using and others have used successfully on this site.

I set it at a desired temp and it will not allow the cooler to run unless the temp gets above that desired setting. Once the temperature rises above the desired setting (67 for me) it allows the cooler to kick on and cool back down to that temp. Hence "Temperature Controller".

Here's a link RANCO

Ranco is the brand name of the temperature controller I'm using and others have used successfully on this site.

I set it at a desired temp and it will not allow the cooler to run unless the temp gets above that desired setting. Once the temperature rises above the desired setting (67 for me) it allows the cooler to kick on and cool back down to that temp. Hence "Temperature Controller".

Here's a link RANCO

So a temp controller is not a standard item on a wine cooler and you have to add them as an extra? Or is this a more advanced temp controller than was originally included with the wine fridge?

So a temp controller is not a standard item on a wine cooler and you have to add them as an extra? Or is this a more advanced temp controller than was originally included with the wine fridge?

I'll have to read again to be sure, but I think the wine cooler keeps it at 53-57 degrees.....too cold. So it won't allow the cooler to get above that.

In order to do allow the temp get in the high 60s where it's more ideal for cigars you have to install a temp controller on it that basically cuts off the power to the cooler until it get above the desired temp....then the temp controller allows the cooler to kick on and cool again, but once it get's to my desired setting, it cuts the cooler off again.....make sense?

Got it now. Best of luck with that beauty!