• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bringing some Havana Club back from Mexico?

Satchmo

Why do they call it a Power Ranger???
I will be heading to Mexico for my sisters wedding next week. The resort we are at has a pretty good selection of Havana Club. Assuming I will like the rum after trying it for the first time, would it be difficult to bring some back through customs? Does anyone have some experiencing will bringing alcohol through customs?

You have to pay the tax on it. Not sure if they will look at what kind it is.

Our method....HERE and HERE

Works every time...whether bringing booze onto a cruise ship or bringing something like HV back...sometimes we utilize them in both directions :thumbs:

My only experience has been on cruise ships where you are allowed two 750ml bottles per person without having to pay tax on it.

Just make sure you declare it as not doing so is an even more serious violation.

You can also get on the State Department's web site to be sure.

Good luck and have fun.

Dave

Well that's nice. Back home in South Texas when you bring bottles back you have to pay a crazy tax now.

We had success on the latest cruise with the stroller....the wife is good at acting confused and creating a diversion, brought several bottles into the ship (usually you have to at least give it to them for safe keeping) unfortunately we drank many of them before we hit the US.

You can bring back one liter of alcohol, per person. Where are you going to be? The wife and I will be in Puerto Vallarta from the 18th to the 23rd.

Bought mine in Duty free, and just walked right through customs with it. They asked me about cigars, not alcohol.

It all depends what state you enter back into the country in. Texas has the worst border laws, Florida is a little easier.

The info has to be out there.

You'd walk funny if I told you how to get the bottle through customs. PM if you need any more help. :)

I will be heading to Mexico for my sisters wedding next week. The resort we are at has a pretty good selection of Havana Club. Assuming I will like the rum after trying it for the first time, would it be difficult to bring some back through customs? Does anyone have some experiencing will bringing alcohol through customs?

I plopped my 2 bottles of HC right on the desk when customs asked me if I had anything to declare. No problemo...'.

Just got back from Puerto Vallarta a couple of days ago. I brought back two bottles of HC Anejo Reserva and one bottle of the 7 Anos. After sipping through a half-bottle of the Anejo last night, I have to say it's might tastey. :)