• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

British Open Contest

Newfie

Official Lancero Whore
In spite of the fact the British Open is on TV and I'm stuck at work, I'm in a great mood because I had my new custom built humidor hand delivered to me at work today, (It isn't huge, but it's beautiful. Pics after lunch), plus the fact I had the bejeezuz blown out of our mailbox two days this week by awesome Brothers from two boards

So I think I'll run a contest.

THE GAME:

Game is simple. Pick who you think will win, and what his final score will be in relation to par after 72 holes (extra holes do not count for score, just for the winning player). The winner of this contest will be the person who picks the correct player finishing first in The Open, and should more than one player pick the correct winner, it will be decided by who picks the score closest to the winning score, in relation to par after 72 holes. As a second tie breaker, should two or more people pick both the winner and choose the same score, you should also post who will be second, and what his score will be after 72 holes.

THE RULES:
  1. You must have 50 posts minimum and be in good standing with this board.
  2. One pick per person please. This contest will be run on 2 boards with a separate prize for each board. For members of both boards, please limit your guess to one board or the other. You WILL NOT win on both.
  3. Picks MUST be posted with time stamp before noon tomorrow, Friday, July 21st.
  4. Any post that is edited, containing guesses, will be disqualified.
THE PRIZE:

Will be a selection of my favourite everyday smokes. Sorry, but this will not include Opus, VSGs or ISOMs, etc. :whistling: While there may be bundled smokes in this prize pack, there will be no dog-rockets I'm just trying to get rid of. These will all be cigars that I enjoy smoking and will range from mild to medium-full.

With that being said, let the guessing begin. You have ~ 24 hours from .................................. NOW!

Phil Mickelson - 12 under

Excellent contest, love the British Open Championship!

Interesting picks so far guys!

By the way, don't forget your tie-breaker picks. Wyatt and John, please don't edit your first posts per the rules, but please post with your guess for second place.

Thanks for playing.

Oops, sorry, my tie breaker will be Tiger Woods at 10 under.

Woods - 21 under par

Michelson - 18 under par - 2nd

Thanks for the contest

No freaking idea, so I'm gonna pull a guess outta my... er... outta thin air.

Michelson at 11 under
TB: Woods at 8 under

Thanks for the contest, tho. Because of this, I might even pay attention to this on ESPN. :whistling:

OK, with 12 hours to go, here's a round-up of the guesses so far:

Geldor1; Winner - Ernie Els @ -9, second - no guess

Brickhouse; Winner - Phil Mickleson @ -12, second - Tiger Woods @ -10

Tasman; Winner - Phil Mickelson @ -14, second - Tiger Woods @ -11

Boonedoggle; Winner - Nick Faldo @ -11, second - Phil Mickelson @ -10

Castaway; Winner - Tiger Woods @ -7, second - no guess

Marcsheldon; Winner - Lee Westwood @ -16, second - Colin Montgomery @ -15

Cookie_1978; Winner - Tiger Woods @ -21, second - Phil Mickelson @ -18

Bigvinnysd; Winner - Tiger Woods @ -10, second - Phil Mickelson @ -9

Guys, there must be more than 8 guys out there who'll play!!

Please review your picks. Two guys have no second guess, which means you won't be available for a tie-breaker (should there be one).

Tas, your second pick was a lower score than your first, so I rearranged them as above (unless you want your tie-breaker to he a lower score than the winner!)

Great contest Newfie!!!
Winner - Tiger -6
TB - Tits Mickelson -11

I really have no clue...

Thanks again Newf! :thumbs:

David

Jim Furyk - 9 under par
Tiger Woods - 7 under par

Thanks for the contest!!

OK, with 12 hours to go, here's a round-up of the guesses so far:

Geldor1; Winner - Ernie Els @ -9, second - no guess

Brickhouse; Winner - Phil Mickleson @ -12, second - Tiger Woods @ -10

Tasman; Winner - Phil Mickelson @ -14, second - Tiger Woods @ -11

Boonedoggle; Winner - Nick Faldo @ -11, second - Phil Mickelson @ -10

Castaway; Winner - Tiger Woods @ -7, second - no guess

Marcsheldon; Winner - Lee Westwood @ -16, second - Colin Montgomery @ -15

Cookie_1978; Winner - Tiger Woods @ -21, second - Phil Mickelson @ -18

Bigvinnysd; Winner - Tiger Woods @ -10, second - Phil Mickelson @ -9

Guys, there must be more than 8 guys out there who'll play!!

Please review your picks. Two guys have no second guess, which means you won't be available for a tie-breaker (should there be one).

Tas, your second pick was a lower score than your first, so I rearranged them as above (unless you want your tie-breaker to he a lower score than the winner!)

OMG so, i feel silly. I checked this post and saw my name and then the word winner next to it and i got SO excited becuase i thought I had won but it turns out im an idiot ;)

OMG so, i feel silly. I checked this post and saw my name and then the word winner next to it and i got SO excited becuase i thought I had won but it turns out im an idiot ;)

Don't feel so bad, as it turns out, I am also an idiot...for the same reason :laugh:

Great contest Newfie!!!
Winner - Tiger -6
TB - Tits Mickelson -11

I really have no clue...

Thanks again Newf! :thumbs:

David

Looks like I'm a IDIOT as well!!!
Sorry Newfie, my guesses should be the other way!

Thanks again,
David