• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Browns cheated by Colts

I don't get it! This happens every year and if a team lost a Payton Manning type player in a meaningless game (for them) people would be calling for the coach's head.

Not to mention........it couldn't have happened to a more deserving team than the Stains!

Why is it when something happens to the Stains it is a conspiracy, someone cheated them, the NFL hates them, etc?

A good portion of teams rest their starters if their playoff position cannot be improved. It's been that way for a while. It's not just something that Colts did to f over the Browns. I sense cryfaces.

Article written by a Browns fan perhaps?

Doc did I tell you my Jets are 4-12 and did not make the playoffs?

What a f'ing cry baby. Why should one team blame another for resting their players? All the Browns had to do was win another game, they held their own fate, not the Colts.

Bitter?

"Dungy should be suspended from the playoffs for his actions. At the very least, the league should apologize to the Browns for allowing a sham game to occur, and to the Colts' fans, who paid a lot of hard-earned money and didn't get to see the real team play the game."

That's one of the silliest articles I think I've read.

The Browns controlled their own destiny just one week before and got beaten by an inferior team. If they had taken care of their business, they'd be in.

Teams that have nothing to gain always rest their best players in the last couple of games.

This is the stupidest thing i have heard in a long time. This happens every year, go drown your sorrows Browns fan. BOO HOO :sign:

If the Brown's would have won one more game, this would not be an issue.

I watched the Browns play Cincinnati and they should have won that game (Cincinnati 19, Cleveland 14).
They have no one to blame but themselves.

The Browns have no one to blame but themselves. Leaving their playoff eligibility in the hands of another team was their fault.

The Colts played that game in their best interests, it just so happened that their interests did not align with the Browns. No way should Tony Dungy be faulted for that.

Cup

Oh my...I guess now I can go back and blame my teacher for giving too many students an A which affected the curve that landed me a D.

The only line in that article I agreed with is that maybe the fans were cheated by not getting to see the stars play.

If you put yourself in a position where your playoff birth rests on someone Else's loss that's your own fault. You should have won more games and controlled your destiny like the Colts did.

Indy has been pretty banged up and needed to rest players, and getting your seconds some playing time could pay invaluable dividends in the future. Good strategy I think.

I also agree that if Peyton had gotten hurt then Dungy would have been crucified. Looks like he was in a loose-loose situation.

I was listening to Boomer and Carton on the FAN this morning when Kerry Collins told the story, both Carton and Boomer could not believe their ears. Collins went so far to say that Dungey and Fischer had communicated during the game and he didn't want to say anymore than that. I love the fact that he is throwing Dungy under the bus!

Go figure.....the article was written in the Coshocton Tribune. Coshocton is about 70 miles south of Cleveland.

I swear, living near Cleveland is a joke sometimes! Stains fans actually believe the Stains are a great franchise with a storied and God-like past. They always seem to forget that since their dominance in the days of leather helmets, and no face guard, that they have been one of the bottom five franchises in wins. Not to mention they lead the NFL in embarrassing moments.....lest we forget "The Drive", "The Fumble", "The Bottle Barrage", Art Modell saying on national TV "The NFL will rue the day they left the Browns out of Monday Night Football"......the Stains went 3-11 that year!

I think the Colts should be able to do as they please....they worked hard to secure the 2nd seed early, and their players get a little reward at the end.

I did enjoy watching the Browns this season though....nice to see an underdog team go 10-6.

"Winners get to do what they want" -- Ricky Bobby

As far as the article goes, somebody call a Whaaambulance :rolleyes:

Can I cry fowl because the Browns played over their heads this year and cost the Cowboys a high draft pick?

I agree that it was the fans that got screwed. I would love to go to a hawks game, but I don't want to shell out 150 plus for a seat. if i had ponied up money like that and my team took sat on their ass, I'd be royally pissed!

One game does not a season make.

A conspiracy kept the Bears out of the playoffs too! I blame the Chargers, Cowboys, Lions, Vikings, Seahawks, Giants, and Redskins. On the other hand, I would like to thank the Packers for thier support this year :thumbs: .

If the Patriots had not been going for a 16-0 record, you would have seen little of Brady, Moss and the other lead Pats the last three games of the regular season too.

Someone throw the Brown's a crying towel.

Cparker

Wow, that reporter sounds like an idiot IMO.

Ummm......hey Cleveland...try this next time...........WIN MORE GAMES SUCKOS!

Dungy should be applauded for his move....it's about the post season folks...not about letting other teams in if they couldn't cut it to begin with.