• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Brussels, Paris?

jorel

Hi - am traveling for work next month to Brussels and Paris. Any CPers from there (or regular travelers)? Please PM me so I can ask some questions about the cigar world there (and even smoking bans I've read about - hard to believe for Paris where I think they are required to smoke 2 packs a day).

Thanks,

John

Last minute bump - leaving Saturday for Brussels then Monday - Thurs in Paris. Any inside information appreciated (PM is fine).

John

MX is in Brussels. He might not have caught this, though. I know he's found a local shop you may be interested in. :)

Go to the "Belga Queen" in Brussels. Not 100% on the spelling, but it's like a 5 min walk from the Grande Place. Super fancy restaurant if that's your thing. But the key is the lush basement cigar lounge. Very nice. That said, Brussels will let you smoke ANYWHERE! I literally lit up a Dunhill Robusto in a NIGHTCLUB (like techno music hahaha) last time I was there. No one cared.
Chris
PS: If you do go to the Belga Queen. You MUST use their bathrooms. Coolest thing ever. Not gunna ruin the surprise, but it's worth takin' a pee.

Go to the "Belga Queen" in Brussels. Not 100% on the spelling, but it's like a 5 min walk from the Grande Place. Super fancy restaurant if that's your thing. But the key is the lush basement cigar lounge. Very nice. That said, Brussels will let you smoke ANYWHERE! I literally lit up a Dunhill Robusto in a NIGHTCLUB (like techno music hahaha) last time I was there. No one cared.
Chris
PS: If you do go to the Belga Queen. You MUST use their bathrooms. Coolest thing ever. Not gunna ruin the surprise, but it's worth takin' a pee.

lol... interesting. Going to have to remember this as there's a possibility my next assignment will be in Brussels. I was told Brussels at first and then last week they changed it to Germany. Made my case for Brussels, but haven't heard back an answer yet. Thanks for the info!

-John

Chris

WTF? Is there a bathroom attendant that reaches around and shakes you off?

Not cigar related, but spend every cent on desserts. The French make the best desserts in the world. Every dessert is a work of art and tastes as good as it looks! I wasnt into cigars the last time I was in Paris, but I was certainly into desserts and french cider. They have the best cider in France.

Enjoy the wine and beers. Pick us all up some westvleteran when you go to Belgium.

Fine, I'll let the cat out of the bag. The upstairs bathroom in the restaurant (not in the cigar bar) is one of those cool modern bathrooms that's fully glass. So you can see into the toilet, etc. And then you shut the door and the glass suddenly changes to non-see-through fogged glass. Very cool, but very unnerving when you first walk in hahaha.
Chris

I heard they have good Belgian Waffles - yet I can't find a single Waffle House listed.

Thanks for the tips. I'll PM MX.

John

Try the Bordeaux....IMO beats hecl outta Merlot. Was in Paris a few weeks ago. Lots of Cubans.....yum. Have fun.