• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bucanero El Capitan Maduro

jstrat

Here's my first review, so here goes ...

The Cigar: Bucanero El Capitan , a 6" x 50 box pressed Maduro

This cigar was recommended to me by my tobacconist as a very nice "boutique" smoke. I picked it up about six months ago and it has been resting in my humidor ever since. Since it was an extremely nice afternoon to sit outside, I decided to grab a smoke and enjoy some time on the patio. I poured a tall
iced-coffee as an accompaniment (Starbucks Christmas blend leftover from this morning).

The wrapper was a nice warm brown with some lighter streaks throughout. I noticed a few small veins, but it was very smooth to the touch. The pre-light draw was nice and smooth with a touch of sweetness.

It lit up very easily with no unpleasant undertones. I could taste a bit of sweetness, but not a lot of spice. Pleasant enough, but not a lot of character.

The draw was fairly good, not too loose or firm, good volume of smoke. The first third was pretty mild, with just a touch of sweetness and hints of orange peel. The burn was almost perfect.

The second third picked up some spice, but was still smooth and mellow. I could make out some bitter chocolate (in a good way) and wood. The burn was still spot on and the ash was a nice, rich gray.

As I got down to the final third, it grew richer and more peppery, and the volume of smoke picked up. It really came to life, but never got overpowering. The burn remained true.

All in all, a nice cigar. It was an extremely well-made, mild to medium bodied smoke. Definitely worth a try. This would make a great morning or mid-day cigar.

Nice review. Bucanero makes some great cigars. The Peg Legs are a tasty mini beli.