• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bucanero El Capitan Maduro

CoventryCat86

Corresponding authority
Well here goes, a review from me:

Bucanero El Capitan Maduro box press

I received this cigar as part of my CigarPool winnings in October of 2003 from a fellow CigarPass brother and finally was able to smoke it this evening. This was one of the nicer cigars I received as part of my winnings.

Size & Appearance: This was a corona gorda size 6 x 50 box press with a nice, dark maduro wrapper. Alledgely an “oily” wrapper but it did not seem very oily to me.
Construction & draw: Excellent roll, a nice box press with a firm draw (perfect by my standards, not too loose and not to tightly wrapped).
Flavor: Well, this is where I’m a little weak (judging flavor that is) but I thought the flavor was flat and dry. The wrapper did not have that nice, sweet maduro taste the way an Oliva, an Indian Tabac, an AF Chateau Fuente or even a Remedios does. It reminded me of a Teamo.
Body: A medium body smoke.
Aroma: Good aroma, medium smoke.
Ash & burn: Nice even ash, very even burn with great consistency.
Finish: Nice finish, a little on the “hot” side.
Price: Medium price, a box of 14 goes for around $88.00.

A nice cigar but I would probably not buy a whole box for my humidor as there are many other maduros that I prefer since I like the “tasty” wrappers.

Nice review. I have one also I am going to give a shot. You have me hooked on Oliva's, love the taste, the only downfall for me is that the wrapper is very very fragile.

Yes Ludwig, I did notice that the Oliva wrappers are very fragile!! The come naked in the box so the first thing I do if I plan on moving them around of shipping them is put them in those 2x8 baggies (from veripak). But WOW I love the flavor of them, the RED banded ones more than the blue. I think the red "O" Bolds taste a litte sweeter than the blue "maduros".

coventrycat86 said:
Yes Ludwig, I did notice that the Oliva wrappers are very fragile!! The come naked in the box so the first thing I do if I plan on moving them around of shipping them is put them in those 2x8 baggies (from veripak). But WOW I love the flavor of them, the RED banded ones more than the blue. I think the red "O" Bolds taste a litte sweeter than the blue "maduros".
yep awesome flavor, lots of smoke, and perfect draw, yet it feels rock hard. It is one damn good smoke and I am glad you turned me on to them.

ah don't thank me, thank benjiev for putting one in Niko99's pass that I took. I fell in love with them immediately.

Hail the Honorable benjiev!! :)

Back