• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buffalo Trace Bourbon

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey 750ml, 90 proof, no box, about $20. Age not stated but believed to be 6-8 years old.

Buffalo%20Trace.JPG

While Buffalo Trace makes many fine bourbons this is the only namesake one and they have produced a real winner. From the old style bottle to the Bison on the label and the seemingly higher rye mash make this a classic.

The wife got the new Harry Potter DVD and being a good husband I went and sat through it although not without some help from a pretty full glass of Buffalo Trace. That explains why the level is so low in the pic. :rolleyes:

The nose is outstanding, deep and gentle vanilla, molasses and mint all perform a dance for your olfactory sense. Tasting is a blast of corn sweetness textured with a spicy rye background all surrounded by a vanilla oakiness. The finish is medium long with the oak slowly turning to a lingering licorice.

Jim Murray in Whisky Magazine called this "One of the world's great whiskies." and the Wine Enthusiast rated it a 93. I totally agree, an ACE! :thumbs:

Just got a bottle about a month ago when one of the local wine shops went out of business. 1/2 price on everything in the shop. I was interested to find out what you would think of this whiskey. I have only had a little sipper and have not really sat down and had a glass. Now I'm looking forward to it. thanks

Ohhh, a half price sale would leave me broke big-time. Hope you picked up a nice selection :thumbs:

Had my first bottle last year and didn't really care for it straight. It did make for some tasty Godfather's though. Thanks for the review.

You can always send it to me and I'll check it for ya :)

Ohhh, a half price sale would leave me broke big-time. Hope you picked up a nice selection :thumbs:

I got there on the second day and most of the stock was pretty well picked over. Since I don't know much about Scotch whiskey I didn't get any though there were some bottles left in the $100plus (original price) range. Some were probably very good. I did get the Buffalo Trace, Henry Mckenna, Russell's Reserve, Plymoth Gin, Michter's straight Rye, a couple of cases of Beamish and Murphy's, some 3 Olives Vodka and a couple of other things including some cigars that were not a great deal but an ok deal since they were overpriced to begin with. (eg. Hemmingway Sigs for $4.75) :)

Sounds like a pretty good haul. I guess you won't be low on stock for awhile :)

Bought a bottle of this awhile back based on the review taped to the shelf and was not disappointed. One rock in the glass really brings this one alive.

And with a decent price as well!!

Bob

I have been enjoying my first bottle of this whiskey all week. What a great bourbon. This has to be the best value in bourbon out there. I paid $21 here in Oregon and we have pretty high liquor taxes. Highly recommended. Also, AVB your whiskey-whisky reviews are great. Your reviews are the first a i check when i go make a new purchase. I look forward to more of your reviews in the future.

Nic

Edited for double post.

I bought a bottle of Buffalo Trace a couple of weeks ago, after I finished my Knob Creek. I aparently got a great deal at about $15. This bourbon is delicious and incredibly satisfying. I usually sip it straight, but had it with ice once or twice. I like this better than Knob Creek; there's just something about it.

imo, this is the best bang for the buck in Bourbon :D

and it's hard to find down here, only 1 store in FL carries it, i'm told (market square in Tallahassee.

A revisit since I just had the stock replenished. Still a great buy and it takes on some different characteristics over an ice cube. I'll have to rotate this to the front more often.

They make some pretty good chocolates and bbq sauce too...I just picked some up at the Liquor Barn in Lexington.

Has anyone tried the Buffalo Trace bitters?

To be the ignorant one here, I never heard of them and I am glad for the information. It sounds like a great bottle to try. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbs:

I was in a rare (for me) bourbon mood the other day, so I went out and bought a bottle of this. I didn't take notes or taste it all that seriously, I just drank a couple glasses while relaxing and watching Firefly. Is this stuff ever good! As I continue drinking this, I may well change my tune. I've never really thought I liked bourbon all that much, but I've never had bourbon this good, either. And what a steal for just $20.00!

I was in a rare (for me) bourbon mood the other day, so I went out and bought a bottle of this. I didn't take notes or taste it all that seriously, I just drank a couple glasses while relaxing and watching Firefly. Is this stuff ever good! As I continue drinking this, I may well change my tune. I've never really thought I liked bourbon all that much, but I've never had bourbon this good, either. And what a steal for just $20.00!

I would have to agree that for 20 smackers this is a great bourbon. I keep it in my stash at all times. Its not the best bourbon I've had by far but one of the best for the price. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to get into bourbon and it should be easily found too.

Damon

This is my choice bourbon when not dropping a lot of money. I truly love this bourbon. I have yet to try 1792. I'm looking forward to it.

-Gianni-

I think it's a really good bourbon, especially given its price point.

Although Woodford Reserve is my "house bourbon," Buffalo Trace is my "backup." Pretty much always have a bottle on hand. Great value and a fine tipple.

~Boar