• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Build Your Own Specials!

Tenpin

I've posted this on a couple of other boards with great success and great feedback!

Build Your Own Special
-All specials are $100 including shipping
-PM me your domestic wish list and I will send you a special based on your wants
-I have nearly 1000 facings in stock (no Opus or Anejo tho)
-All orders must be prepaid (check or money order only) before shipping
-Offer ends at 8pm eastern on Thurday April 19th

Have fun!

If you have any questions, I can be reached at 678-867-2886

Jim

I see some hesitation on this offer.
Here's an example of a deal I did recently for $100...

Tatuaje Nicaraguan Nobles
Don Pepin Garcia JJ Selectos
Don Pepin Garcia Blue Delectas
Don Pepin Garcia Black 1979
La Flor Dominicana DL700
La Flor Dominicana Factory Press II
LG Lusitano
Aurora 100 Anos Belicoso
Avo XO Maestro
Italia Gondola
Brazilia Samba
Padron 1964 Maduro Imperial
LGC Serie R #4 Maduro
Partagas Black Maximo

Don't know why nobody jumped on this here, but we're done for now.

Jim

Jim

Let's see... First we have to send our wish list... then we hope you pick out $100 worth of cigars... if we have any questions we have to make a long distance call (not everyone has a cell phone)... then we have to mail a check, no credit card accepted...

And you wonder why nobody jumped on this?

Jim

Let's see... First we have to send our wish list... then we hope you pick out $100 worth of cigars... if we have any questions we have to make a long distance call (not everyone has a cell phone)... then we have to mail a check, no credit card accepted...

And you wonder why nobody jumped on this?

Well, it's not like I'm a newbie here. I've been on the board a couple of years. Participated in bombs and passes. Now that I have a B&M I"m trying to turn some inventory and give some good deals to the members. I've done this on another board and was very successful on a half a dozen deals, with people saving an average of 25-40% off MSRP (including VSGs, Tatuajes, La Flor, PAMs, etc). Credit cards over the phone are a problem with my merchant account. What's the big deal with a personal check? And the long distance call is easy to overcome. Just ask me to call you.

Jim

Sorry Jim, by the time I saw this, it was already past deadline. Imo, vendors who are able to facilitate custom samplers are rare and should be valued more in comparison to the big faceless warehouses that sell primarily by the box. We all missed out.

Jim,

Here is why I was hesitant. Well, I'm not really in the market for more cigars at the moment besides the Tat Noella Reserva, but:

I was a bit confused as to how this works.

- Does the person send you a wishlist of brands and you send them a PM back with a sampler and offer it to them for $100.

- Or is it pretty much a blind $100 sampler based on their wishlists.

I wasn't exactly sure how it works. Like I said, if I were really in the market for more 'gars, I probably would have PM'd you and asked. But maybe the opening post was a tad vague on how it works and that's why it didn't get a big response.

Just trying to help out....I may be off here.

Well, it's not like I'm a newbie here. I've been on the board a couple of years. Participated in bombs and passes. Now that I have a B&M I"m trying to turn some inventory and give some good deals to the members. I've done this on another board and was very successful on a half a dozen deals, with people saving an average of 25-40% off MSRP (including VSGs, Tatuajes, La Flor, PAMs, etc). Credit cards over the phone are a problem with my merchant account. What's the big deal with a personal check? And the long distance call is easy to overcome. Just ask me to call you.

Jim

First off, I'd like to say that I should have been less sarcastic in the way I replied to your post. I too was a bit confused by the offer; but I should have simply asked for more info. For that I apologize.

As for the check part, although I have do a checking account, I never use checks anymore. Everything I pay for is either deducted from my account (utilities, rent etc) or is billed to my C.C., and my C.C. is paid online.

I've received a few PMs asking me to give this another shot, so I will open it up again.
Offer is good through Thursday Apr 26th.

DAVE: Thanks for the kind words and support!

BRICKHOUSE: This is NOT a blind sampler. I will try to fulfill your wishlist as best as possible. Negotiation can be by PM or phone. I'm doing this in $100 deals for both simplicity sake and because I think it's fun! I don't have any Noella Reservas in stock (just a few Regios and Unicos in the Miami line)

MAGGS44: Apology accepted. I'm still check or money order only, so we probably won't be working out a deal here. No problem.

Others: PM Sent!

Jim

Jim has helped me numerous times with items I've been ISO for. It seems like a pretty interesting concept. Definatly worth a try. Like Maggs I don't use checks at all and do most of my bills online now. Other than that, it seems like a good deal. :thumbs:

I've posted this on a couple of other boards with great success and great feedback!

Build Your Own Special
-PM me your domestic wish list and I will send you a special based on your wants

Have fun!

If you have any questions, I can be reached at

It looks like I posted and deleted my text at the same time...

What I wrote was basically that this if not usally how b/s/t's work.

You as the seller set the price and ITEM(s) to be sold....this is more like a 'grab bag'.

add:
I'm kinda suprised this thread isn't more active.

While I'm sure you, because of reputation, would handle these sales well...I wonder what this thread would look like if a new vendor or just a member proposed it.

DEFINITLY worth a go. Jim's good people and deals like this don't come often enough.

Trying to think up a wish list. Kinda hard to choose with nearly 1000 facings available.

Build Your Own Special

Have fun!

You as the seller set the price and ITEM(s) to be sold....this is more like a 'grab bag'.

add:

While I'm sure you, because of reputation, would handle these sales well...I wonder what this thread would look like if a new vendor or just a member proposed it.

Personally I think that Jim's rep here on CP is why this is acceptable. If it was a new member or vendor you can bet they would get run off. I agree he's selling more of a grab bag than a "lot" of sticks...but it's not like they are blind buys either. It's very similar to a newby sampler and IMO perfectly fine and well explained, not to mention a good buy.

I would do this if I was looking to buy Jim. Botls/Sotls you can't go wrong dealing with Jim..he's a good brother. :thumbs:

Just my $.02

Never dealt with Jim as a vendor, but he's always been a stand up BOTL. :thumbs:

I'd be interested to know how some of these deals go for those of you who take the plunge. My guess is you'll be pleased, but let us know.

KayakinBoy, Grateful1, Preembargo, KiltedCraftsman, Stevehawk... THANKS for your support!
Dave, CigarStone... I'm sure you'll be very happy with your selections!

Anyone else???

Jim

I would give this a whirl, but money is a bit tight in the JHawk household right now! :blush:

Build Your Own Special

Have fun!

add:

Jim may be a new vendor, but is a good guy and I think has the best of intentions at heart here. The reason this hasn't gone crazy is because he has been a contributing member of this board way before he ever tried to sell anything here. That's why there isn't the same reaction if it was some other new vendor.

He is just trying to get things rolling and appeal to the masses. I mean, what could be better and tailored to each person's needs than getting a discount on anything you want that he has in stock? But I think the reason this hasn't been successful is that it is too broad. How many times do you stand in front of the fridge saying, I'm hungry but don't know what to eat. But if someone gives you a selection of three options, one may sound much better than the other two.

Just my $.02.
- C

Build Your Own Special

Have fun!

add:

Jim may be a new vendor, but is a good guy and I think has the best of intentions at heart here. The reason this hasn't gone crazy is because he has been a contributing member of this board way before he ever tried to sell anything here. That's why there isn't the same reaction if it was some other new vendor.

He is just trying to get things rolling and appeal to the masses. I mean, what could be better and tailored to each person's needs than getting a discount on anything you want that he has in stock? But I think the reason this hasn't been successful is that it is too broad. How many times do you stand in front of the fridge saying, I'm hungry but don't know what to eat. But if someone gives you a selection of three options, one may sound much better than the other two.

Just my $.02.
- C

Well, to play the Devil's advocate, it is a bit laborous to list all the brands one might carry, especially with near 1000 boxes on display from myriad manufacturers and sizes. Another point would be the fact that once multiple choices are being offered, the purveyor can manipulate the outcome of the sale, and while the purchaser will feel satisfied, in reality he/she was psychologically coerced into purchasing only those brands offered. The 1:1 negotiations via PM/phone calls and a blind selection allows the buyer to actually think up a genuine wishlist of cigars that they actually do want rather than cigars that they think they want. I think Jim is handling it very well for all parties involved.