• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Building a Humidor

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone built their own humidor?

Im in the process of building one now. I just filled my first cooler and went out today and bought a second one(120)to hold me over. Im in the process of buying materials right now. Probably going to build it out of mahogany with spanish ceder interior. Looking to build it large enough for at least 1500-2000 cigars. I have a basic design from michael that Ive also seen all over the web so I am starting there and will expand on it. What I am in need of though is an electronic humidification device. I will check Graingers tomorrow as Im sure they have something I can use. For spanish ceder, constantines has it and Im sure mlcondon in ny has it as well. Ml condon will have the best prices. I should be able to build it for about 500 in materials which is far less than others Ive seen in the 2500-5000 range!!! Let me know if I can help you out with anything.I am a woodworker and I also have vectorworks ( a cad program) so I could do a drawing or 2 for you if need be. Jeff

Jeff,I've been thinking about building a humidor to hold about 250 cigars. I'd be interested to see how your's turns out. I was looking at some plans today on the 'net, looks like it'd be fun.

When I finish it I will take a digital photo and send it in for you.
Im a production manager for an exhibit company and my background is in cabinet making so I am looking forward to this project. I have a great shop at my disp[osal so all I need now is the time!! # kids a full time job plus, and now Im working on setting up a website so my time is very stretched. Anyone ever set up a web site? I need help!!!

just finnished one out of paduk and spanish ceder famous smoke .com has an electonic humidifier

I've been thinking about building a cabinet type 'dor. Just don't have the time to spend on it though. I've found a GREAT cabinet 'dor for around &#36500 that will hold 25-50 boxes so i might just go with that one instead.

I would like to build a humidor,Does anyone who built his own humidor can mail me his plans.
And can i use mahagony instead of spanis cedar

Some people prefer Honduran Mahogany to Spanish Cedar. So, yes, you can use mahogany. As far as plans, I believe if you do a search on the web you will be able to find a few different ones.

Today i hear that Brazilian cedar is better than , spanish does anyone hear something about that.