• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bulk tobacco reccommendations?

Macion Grey

the Libertine
Title says it all. I have yet to purchase any bulk tobacco, and was wondering what has a good reputation for a good buy?

What kind of blends do you enjoy? Stokkebye stuff is very good and well priced, Cornell & Diehl has many great blends available in bulk form, and many of the retailers have some very good house blends depending on what you're looking for. McClelland also offers a ton of bulk blends, as does Samuel Gawith (when you can find them in stock).

If you can let us know what styles you like (english, balkan, aromatic, virginias, vapers, etc.) you'll probably get some very good specific recommendations.

I would recommend pipesandcigars.com They have bulk blends from all the major companies and their own bulk blends (Hearth and Home Series blended by Russ Ouellette) that are excellent. I very much enjoy their burley kake!

Love my full strength English blends, pure virginia blends and oriental blends. Non aromatic is the go for me.

Check out English Oriental Supreme, Proper English, Balkan Supreme, Luxury English, Luxury Twist Flake, and Luxury Bullseye Flake (a VAPer) from Stokkebye.

Hearth and Home has some great blends, but I'm not 100% sure they ship internationally. LJ Heart Virginia is very tasty (as are most of their other blends if you like the style).

McClelland makes some great Virginias. 5100 Red Cake is one I keep quantities of in my cellar. There are many other great blends from McClelland, too. I feel that their Virginias stand out, though.

Cornell & Diehl makes some gret Virginias and Virginia Flakes (as well as many other blends). Opening Night and Interlude are two of my favorites, but there are a lot more great ones. All C&D blends are available in bulk from their website and they will ship internationally.

Hope that helps. :)

Check out English Oriental Supreme, Proper English, Balkan Supreme, Luxury English, Luxury Twist Flake, and Luxury Bullseye Flake (a VAPer) from Stokkebye.

Hearth and Home has some great blends, but I'm not 100% sure they ship internationally. LJ Heart Virginia is very tasty (as are most of their other blends if you like the style).

McClelland makes some great Virginias. 5100 Red Cake is one I keep quantities of in my cellar. There are many other great blends from McClelland, too. I feel that their Virginias stand out, though.

Cornell & Diehl makes some gret Virginias and Virginia Flakes (as well as many other blends). Opening Night and Interlude are two of my favorites, but there are a lot more great ones. All C&D blends are available in bulk from their website and they will ship internationally.

I second the 5100, it's fantastic.

The three source for my bulk(and tin) supply are pipesandcigars.com smokingpipes.com and 4noggins.com.

All good, IMO, but vary based on what you want and, of course, price.

Bulk brands that are popular:

Hearth & Home(mentioned by Alan)
Gawith
Cornell & Diehl
McClelland
Stokkebye

As far as which blends to get, that's a matter of taste.

BUT BUY NOW BECAUSE AFTER THE TAX HIKE(April 1st) PRICES WILL ABOUT DOUBLE!!!

Steve

The three source for my bulk(and tin) supply are pipesandcigars.com smokingpipes.com and 4noggins.com.

Gawith
Cornell & Diehl
McClelland
Stokkebye

Steve

Wow, if that ends up going through, I might as well buy my tobacco locally. That is a huge increase.

Gawith
Cornell & Diehl
McClelland
Stokkebye

Steve

Was there some progress on the bill in committee that I missed? I didn't hear of it making it out of committee or into any other legislation. Unless I missed something, I think the increase still has a ways to go.

I hope so, anyway.

ETA: I just looked it up HERE and there doesn't appear to be any progress since it was referred to committee. This is supposed to be up to date information. Please let me know if I'm mistaken. I've got buying to do...

My local B&M had a sign posted that the prices on cigars, cigarettes, and pipe tobacco will be going up April 1st due to the bill passed last year. They also said the loophole allowing RYO tobacco to be marketed as pipe tobacco was going to be closed by this year's pipe tobacco tax increase. But they may have been misinformed.

Edit to add: I found the info and the bill has not yet passed the house. I assume my B&M was projecting the outcome for whatever reason. RJ Reynolds sponsored the bill to protect their cigarette market share. It calls for the previous schip bill to be "amended by striking `$2.8311 cents' and inserting `$24.78'." in the section dealing with pipe tobacco tax.

Sorry for passing along non-vetted info.

I breathe a little easier. Paying Australian prices would have sucked big time.

+3 on the bold part. Mix 5100 and 2010 50/50 and that makes a tasty smoke. Both are straight Virginas so you aren't like blending a blend.

+3 on the bold part. Mix 5100 and 2010 50/50 and that makes a tasty smoke. Both are straight Virginias so you aren't like blending a blend.
Nothing wrong with blending existing blends. They call them compound blends. A common usage is to strengthen one aspect already present in a blend. But anything goes - there are no "rules". ;)

I reckon a good rule would be don't consume the tobacco ash. Pretty solid that one.