• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bummer! I found mold on my AF 858 SG’s

GMCCCGUY

------------
I bought 8 Fuente 858 SG’s from a local B&M a week ago I was so stoked I had found them. Last night after reading about people finding mold under the cedar on some AF’s I did a closer inspection of my own stash and found some small amount of dreaded mold on 6 of the 8 I bought that day :angry: . I immediately quarantined them. Thankfully none of my other cigars had any signs of mold. I Fired up one of the moldy 858’s this morning smokes Fine :thumbs: ! Just had to share this.
Dave

I am pretty sure its mold. It is white, but doesn’t look like crystals to me it looks more like a spider-web. I will try to post pics, but I’m kind of all thumbs when it comes to that kind of stuff.

I'm hardly a judge, but I'd take them immedately back to your vendor. Post the pics also, but the vendor would be a better judge than any of us because he can see firsthand. If he is worth a crap, he'll refund or replace.

I'm a long way from expert on cigar mold, but I have some experience with fungii. I'm betting the mold was there before you bought them. We could all learn from the pictures.

You could take them back to your vendor or you could just take the cedar off and store them a little drier than usual. Around 62%-65% should be fine. I have seen this often with Anejos, but any with cedar wrapping is susceptable.

I bought the A Fuente rare holdiday pack with 2x anejos, 2x opus, 2x hemingways, and 4x double chatteus and I found mold under the ceder of the double chateus. Thankfully it hasnt shown up on any of the opus' or anejos.

Thanks guys. I doubt if the shop would take back the cigars, because I bought them like a month ago. It’s all good though I will just have some nice smokes for a couple weekends. It was just a learning experience :blush: I guess.

:blush: *Update* color is now more yellowish I will wipe them off tonight. I have already Quarantined them, and am trying to keep rh down.

Back