• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Burger Review

gawntrail

Because of the Cuban Smooban thread, and all of us going on a burger tangent, I thought I would review the burger I described.

It's 11:32 AM California time and I just made it back from Tom's Burgers in Rialto, CA. (I normally get these closer to home, but this place has them on the menu too!).

The buying experience was pleasant and mood setting. The grill fills the air with a char-broiled aroma that makes your mouth water. The golden Fries and Onion Rings being pulled from the fryer look awesome. The little hottie taking orders and cash is a pleasant diversion from my rumbling tummy.

I watch the grillman carefully construct my Double Cheeseburger w/ pastrami. He takes special care not to let it sit too long before wrapping and bagging it for my consumption. The Fries and Rings go in the bag and its back to the car so I can get back to class with enough time eat before 5th period starts.

The bag is open on top and fills the cab of my F-150 with that unmistakeable burger smell. It is so strong it covers the remaining LGC Serie #5 smells of last nights drive home. I get back to the faculty parking and make it to the class room with about 25 minutes to eat and type this up.

Pulling the burger from the wrapper, I take note of its construction. Patties, cheese, pastrami, lettuce, tomato, onions, and 1000 island sauce on the freshly toasted sesame bun all contrast in a rainbow of edible color. The smells are now too much and a first bite is inevitable.

The Pre-bite inhale is heavenly. The pastrami with its sharp, slightly salty aroma dominates the senses. At first bite, the burger takes on a mixed flavor of bun, beef, and lettuce. The 1000 island sauce is a kicker as you swallow. The next few bites are dominated by pastrami and onions.

About half-way through, the burger takes on sort of a messy appearance. The napkins are losing the battle with the everpresent mess. But, the burger, the accompanying fries and rings are easily washed down with the gigantic Coke I ordered.

As the last bites are taken, the overflow of pastrami, lettuce, onion pieces, and bun crumbs are scooped up and finished. A fitting end to a great burger. The remaining fries and rings are drenched in ketchup and quickly inhaled as kids are coming in the classroom door.

Overall I give this burger an 89. The construction, aroma, and finish were great. The compliment of fries, onion rings, and Coke were excellent. I would have rated it higher, but looking forward to a class of 40 high schoolers lowers the score some.

I reccommend this burger to all. I would even go as far as to bomb a few of you with them, but the Mailman would eat 'em first.

The only thing missing is a cigar.com cameroon label Robusto for dessert, and the couch for the obligatory after-meal nap.

M. Gipson :)

Sounds like a "Cheesburger in Paradise". I wonder what cigars Jimmy Buffett smokes?

Willie

AAAWWWWWW DANG !!!
This is gonna be my kind of thread, I'm gonna go get something now .
Now let me think,,, which one,,, which one
I'll post later.

The Onion Rings were fair to above average. Not quite as 'done' as I like them, but still very edible. Big fat center cut rings, lots of cornmeal batter, and I believe a little hint of yeast (originating from some beer in the original recipe). The resturaunt buys them in bulk so they are the frozen kind they just throw into the fryer on demand. Still very good.

They burp pretty well after 5 or so hours too! Not too much heartburn or gas.

Overall, an above average lunch.

M. Gipson :)

I want to kill you now!!! I live in TEXAS, way too far to drive for what sounds to be the most amazing ****in' cheeseburger on the planet!!! You're just a cruel little man to describe such pleasure to a fat man like me.... Eating that burger sounds better than sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toaster said:
Eating that burger sounds better than sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
You should compromise and have sex in a Wendy's drive through line.

wpeloqui said:
Toaster said:
Eating that burger sounds better than sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
You should compromise and have sex in a Wendy's drive through line.
Hmmm............... Food, Sex and in my car I could even smoke a cigar afterwards....................... SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN! I'll be sure to post some pictures on my MoBlog! :p

*Added*
Great review of the burger. Pastrami too? Damn, sounds REAL good. This thread should be made into a burger review thread... :D With that said, I'd like to add mine. :p (and threadjack a little, while I'm at it)

About 4 years ago, the burger joint by campus (Player's Cafe) had the BEST burgers in the world... hands down, no contest. However, the qualities that made it so good were the same reasons why management stepped in and decided to "fix" the burger.

The burgers weren't anything fancy... they were just straight up GOOD. You got your butter toasted buns, a slice american cheese, a fresh quarter-pound patty (or 2... even 3), topped with diced lettuce, slices of tomato, and onions. Mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, and tobascco are all optional. They wrapped these bad boys up in paper similar to the kind used at Whataburger (can't remember what this type of paper is called... wax? rice? whatever). It only takes about 30 seconds to get the burger from them to you (once its been put together). In that 30 seconds... the paper the burger was wrapped in would become translucent from the grease. THAT is what made this burger SO good. What rounded off these awesome burgers were the mozza sticks or fried mushroom caps, all washed down with what can only be described as heaven in a glass... the milkshake. Back then, the burger would probably have gotten a 95... maybe even higher. They were just undescribably good.

But unfortunately, as I mentioned above, they changed it. Now the patties are made with lean meats and taste really dry. Everything else has remained the same, but without the corner piece of their meal... it just isn't the same anymore. Now, the burgers would be lucky to break 80. :(

Phishy,

"But unfortunately, as I mentioned above, they changed it. Now the patties are made with lean meats and taste really dry. Everything else has remained the same, but without the corner piece of their meal... it just isn't the same anymore. Now, the burgers would be lucky to break 80."

Sorry to hear it. Totally sucks when people go screwin' with a good thing.

Where is the sense in ordering, let alone eating, a burger that is GOOD for you? Burgers are inherently bad........That's why we like them so much. Kind of like most other vices......you know up front what it is all about, but you partake anyway.

Again, sorry to hear that burger story. But, there's always the BBQ in the backyard if you can't find anything else (But damn, they do taste better when someone else makes 'em).

M. Gipson

Mishawaka Indiana's Riverbank Resturant and Lounge's world famous hickory burger! Was a Rush room at one time. Now it is a grass lot :angry: