• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BUSHMILL 1608 Anniversary Edition Irish Whiskey

GOCOUGS2002

It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils.
Shoppers Vineyard has the Bushmill 1608 Anniversary Edition on sale for $79...regular price $100.

New to "good" wiskey and would like some feedback on Bushmill's line, is this something worth checking out?

I like Bushmill and Jameson.

But don't go into Irish Whiskey thinking that its like scotch in taste.

For the 21 dollars savings I'd pick a bottle up for sure...

You also might be able to find a Bushmills Three Woods for less money.

All it is, is a special bottle. Same old Bushmills in it as the one they have on sale for$23.

Not according to Scotch Blog Ray...

http://www.thescotchblog.com/2008/01/if-youll-excuse.html

1608 is quite unusual. For one thing, it’s bottled at 46% and for another, unusually for a blend, it’s not chill-filtered. So hold the ice, America – this is one whiskey that you need to sip and savour.

The signature Bushmills nose is there but there’s a greater intensity and hints of chocolate, spice and vanilla. The initial impact is of sweetness, with toffee notes and dark caramel predominating. One taster likened it to milk chocolate liqueur.

According to Colum Egan, Bushmills’ ebullient Master Distiller, the difference is due to the crystal malt used in the original Bushmills malt used in this blend. “Crystal malt is named after the crystallised appearance which the barleycorns take when gently roasted before distilling,” he explains. “It lends a sweet, toffee-like smoothness to the final spirit.”

Don't know if its Blarney or not though.

I have also read that it is different than the regular Bushmill...I guess I will have to visit the Bushmill page and see what they have to say.

Bushmills website states
Because ALL our whiskeys are especially good, we know it’s hard do pick one over the other. So we decided to make a new one for the occasion.

edited to add the Bushmills website info

This is not the first or only 86 proof they make and certainly not the only one that uses their crystal malt. It may be different enough for them to claim it is new but for that kind of money I'd get the 21 yo.

This is not the first or only 86 proof they make and certainly not the only one that uses their crystal malt. It may be different enough for them to claim it is new but for that kind of money I'd get the 21 yo.

AVB,

Thanks for the advice; I think I will try some of Bushmill’s less expensive offerings as I build my whiskey collection. The wife has me on an allowance for this kind of stuff….