• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bushmills - 1608 12 year (80% Malt)

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
As I posted my first day here I like Irish whiskey above all others (didn't stop me from ordering another bottle of Blanton's (gold this time) on the weekend lol) and this is one of the more "scotch like" of all the irish whiskeys I have tried.

bush1608123di.jpg

image curtesy of the Whiskeystore.de

Bought on a trip to the Czech Republic the 1 liter bottle set me back 23€ thats about $27 US.

Blended from different whiskeys from the Midleton Distilleries it has a very spicy start with a nose and taste of honey, malt and sherry.

It is also is one of those oily whiskeys that slides down your throat while your drinking it instead of evaporating while still in your mouth.

A dark rich amber color makes it also pleasing to the eye and it has a long spicy finish with hints of butter toffey.

If you think Irish whiskey isnt complex enough compared to scotch or your a fan of Irish and haven't tried it, I recommend you pick yourself up a bottle. I was more than pleasantly surprised.

Shawn hooked me up with a considerable sampling of BushMills 1608 Reserve! :)

I have never been a big fan of Irish Whiskeys, but I have to say this one surprised me. It is very very good. Complex and very flavorful with out being over powering. Thanks a million for sharing SHAWN! You da man!
a045.gif