• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Business Update

JimD

December 1st my landlord notified me that my rent was going up $700.00 a month effective April 1st.Pay or vacatet by March 31st. If I opted to stay they would also at their expense install an electric heat pump, so now I would have electric heat and air conditioning in my store. I took into consideation the fact that in March I was turning 65. So with the extra expenses and my age I decided to close the store. During the months of Jan. and Feb. I blew out inventory at discounts. In early March four of my customers approched me about buying it and having me stay on to help them transition the store into a new location. I said sure.
Well I sold it, retired and collect SS. Now I work part time 4 days a week 9am to 3pm no Saturdays or Mondays. Life is good.
See you at the herf.

Conrats. Same Asylum Street location then?

John

Jim may not get to answering this for a while...he's retired!

:D

New location on Pratt St.

(1 street north of the old shop...you can see the back door of the new place from the old location)

Not yet.

It is a very nice set up. Shop and Members lounge. Couches, TV's lockers...etc.

Congrats Jim! :thumbs:

Gary did you and the cat buy the inventory? :sign:

Congrats Jim, enjoy retirement. I got the good news the other day when I talked with our ole' buddy Bill (CoventryCat86). He told me that the shop is good-to-go....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Retirement party Sunday June 26th...Blackeyed Sally's in Hartofrd CT.

PM me for details.

Congratulations to you on your retirement, and your new job...