• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buying From Ebay

Setren

Have any of you had experiences with buying a humidor from Ebay? If you have, was the purchase a good one or a bad one?

Any suggestions, also, about buying humidors from Ebay? I see a few larger capacity humidors that seem to be cheaper on Ebay (including shipping) than on many different sites, but I'm a bit weary about buying something like a humidor from an auction site. I know there's a thread about Robustohumidor from Ebay, but I'm wondering about anybody else's experiences.

TIA.

Edit: I'm seeing a lot of auctions up from gadgetbestbuy. I've been reading their descriptions, and apparently their humidor insides aren't completely spanish cedar. How important is it for the inside of a humidor to be 100% spanish cedar?

Just don't do it. I've never heard anything good about humidors on ebay.

Try http://www.cheaphumidors.com/ I've used them in the past for 2 humidors and definitely got my moneys worth. I'm a big fan of there imperfect section. Both of my humidors were sold as being imperfect and one of them had a minor bump to 1 corner and the other one I have yet to find whats wrong with it. I have this one 500 Ct. Standing humidor and this one 300 ct Dome They both have some big capacity, especially the standing one, it's bigger than it looks.

If you want even bigger they have some cabinets for pretty good prices.

As far as Spanish cedar is concerned I think it is pretty important. Some woods don't hold humidity as well or give off an odor that doesn't go well with cigar storage. I believe you can also use mahogany, but I have a feeling many of the ebay humidor makers just use what they can find cheap.

Don't be afraid to spend a couple extra dollars on quality. It's very easy to have several hundred dollars worth of cigars in a 200 count humidor. If you go bigger just imagine how much you have invested in cigars, you might as well store them in something with a little bit of quality.

Exactly. Stay away.

Holts has a humidor clearance going on, also Taboocigars.com has a bunch of humidors on sale. STAY AWAY FROM EBAY!

I have a humi from cheaphumidors, and my friend has one from Taboo Cigars. Both are well made, inexpensive, seal well, and are too small! :laugh:

I bought my Don Salvatore humidor on ebay, not new but never seasoned....

but then again I didn't but an "ebay humidor"

The imperfects section at Cheaphumidors has caught my eye. I'll look at it and around. Thanks for the warnings about Ebay!

Another thumbs up for cheaphumidors.com. I had one of their desktops and it was great, and inexpensive.

Keep in mind a cooler is cheaper, will hold humidity perfectly, and will give you more storage. Doesn't look nice on the desk, though.... :p

If you have eBay experience, I don't see a problem. My rule with eBay is never to fly higher than I care to fall. I bought my 300ct there as well as a storm of lighters. What you will find primarily are many of the same units offered by the more reputable vendors. By the time you exceed $50 at eBay, you should steer towards one of the fixed vendors.

I've purchased many items on ebay, but I've always made sure that they were NIB (New In Box). Don't purchase any items used. The packing leaves something to be desired. :whistling:

I bought my humidor from an ebay retailer.
What a piece of junk. ...... Never again.

I bought one on ebay years ago and I guess I got lucky because it's a good one. It was from a guy who said he had quit smoking cigars and was selling his collection and humidor. The cigars were not so great ( they did all have about five to ten years on them he said, and the crusty yellow cellophane's would back this up, but still nothing special) but the Humidor is great and I still use it as my primary Humidor. Still there are way better options out there than ebay.

Setren,

Not sure what size box you are looking for, but I carry a pretty wide range of sizes, from 25 stick up to a few thousand. Take a look on my site. I can usually do better then my listed price for Cigar Pass members.

Let me know if you find anything that you are interested in.

Dave

I'll definitely check all of these sites out, and I'll get back to you sometime, Southside. Gotta work out some budgeting issues, first. :D