• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

cA Big Smoke

s0ber

Anyone goin to the cA big smoke in nyc?is worth the $175 ticket price?cool? any details would be helpful

i did one of these in DC a couple of years ago. I got the tickets from the radio station I was working at. Tons of free cigars. :D :thumbs:

I had a couple of tickets for myself (nobody called in to win them so I took like 3-4 tickets) and so I got 3-4 of every stick they were handing out. FILLED my humidor back then with tons of sticks that were almost all awesome. Got a great variety of mild to strong. Got sick from inhaling so much second hand smoke but always look back on it with good feelings.

I was just discussing this with Fast4Dr last night. Hard to say if it's 'worth it'. The free smokes are probably stuff you wouldn't actually buy for yourself. That being said, I will probably go just because I think it will be fun.

are there any venders that you could actually buy stuff from?

Nothing for sale, just give aways. You get a coupon book and go around to each booth to collect your free samples.

The last two times I went (Detroit,Chicago) it was $150.00 and I had a great time at each one. Bag a stick, take a shot, bag a stick, take a shot of something else :0 and so on and so on. by the time you are done you are pretty well trashed ;) and ready to head to the hotel bar for a few mor shots and a couple more smokes. :D

But now the dark side has called my # so there is not that much interest in paying $175.00 to get smashed and smoke domestics any more. I can do that for about $80.00 at the country club.

IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN TO ONE.........GO!!!!!

But dont expect those A$$HOLES from Puros Indios :angry: to show up to fill your ticket stub. They did not show up for either show I went to and promised to send styx to those who attended via the CA registration list.... years later and a few e-mails that they did respond to, they have yet to send any styx to me. I'll never spend any $$ on their styx!!

STYX&STONED said:
But dont expect those A$$HOLES from Puros Indios :angry: to show up to fill your ticket stub. They did not show up for either show I went to and promised to send styx to those who attended via the CA registration list.... years later and a few e-mails that they did respond to, they have yet to send any styx to me. I'll never spend any $$ on their styx!!
IMHO, who gives a rats a$$ about those nasty sticks anyway. one of the worst sticks I've ever had. that's just MHO. :D :D

as far as the show....it's good if you have never been.

it's more for meeting brothers of the leaf. which is always good.

s0ber said:
are there any venders that you could actually buy stuff from?
The only stuff you can buy is from CA, shirts and other stuff. I did get to meet the Ozgeners from CAO last year here at the Vegas Big Smoke.

I've been to the Big Smoke in NYC a few times. You do walk out with about 25 smokes - some better than others. It's really nice to be able to smoke indoors in NYC, BUT you can't smoke where the food is being served. You have to stand while you eat, no tables! If you are meeting a bunch of friends it makes a nice herf. More Alcohol than you can believe - unlimited :0
For $175 its a nice time, you're not going to make a killing on cigars. I personally like to sit while I drink and smoke - but thats me.