• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cabaiguan Guapo RX

mtshdtv

Cabaiguan RX (Guapos) 5.25 x 50
Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut Sungrown
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Body: Medium
Strength: Medium

I'm hoping G-Smoke doesn't mind as I started writing this review earlier this morning. I think this cigar is definitely worth another review!

To be honest I was holding off waiting to get some Siglo II's, as I needed a change from the full-bodied spiciness that I enjoy. Then Al ran his sale this week....nuff said. I was outside yesterday enjoying a pristine day when my package arrived. My compliments to Al, as this was way faster than I expected!

The first thing I noticed was the packaging; cigars are carefully wrapped in paper in a perfectly fit box. I inspected the cigars and they were perfect in construction and color. They are light-brown Ecuadorian Connecticut Sungrown wrapper, with little or no veins, triple cap with pig tail. I noticed it was slightly longer than a standard Robusto with a nice weight to it. The box smelt of sweet tobacco, I knew I would be in for a treat. I was still skeptical after seeing 7/08 as a box code but I couldn't resist and had to have one right out of the box. The cigar started off like an ISOM and then after about a 1/4 of an inch started to mellow and develop a creaminess with a light spice and finished with a sweet tobacco taste. About halfway through the cigar the strength developed from a light-med to a more medium bodied smoke. I started to notice hints of nuts and cocoa, while the finish remained short on the palate tasting of sweet tobacco, this lasted through the rest of the stick. The burn was consistant and ash remained firm throughout the smoke.

Verdict if you are looking for a change of pace from the full-bodied side, while still enjoying an interesting and complex cigar this is the one to try. I'm just hoping there are plenty more where these came from ;)

100_1042.jpg

100_1044.jpg

Excellent!
I get the same flavor profile from this cigar. I really enjoy these in the morning with coffee.
I've considered getting a box of these or the Juniors. Just a really good smoke.

Nice review, and I pretty much have the same thoughts on the profile of this cigar. I consider the Guapo to be a great buy and they are part of my regular cigar line up.

I'm hoping G-Smoke doesn't mind as I started writing this review earlier this morning. I think this cigar is definitely worth another review!

Don't mind at all. I agree with your assessment and look forward to having these around for a (short) while.

You guys have me on the fence. I'm close to pulling the trigger and getting a box.