• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cabinet humidor opinions

damer021

Hey there, I have a humidor problem! I have 15 desktop humidors and I am starting to think its time to get some sort of larger cabinet humidor. I was at a tobacco shop by my house and the owner told me about this cabinet humi that he has ordered a few of and offered me one because he thought it would be perfect for me. I am looking for some advice from all you cigar experts on this specific model, http://www.xhumidor.com/products_detail.asp?ID=578 , and if anyone knows anything about this one or if anyone has one and what they think of it. I would also appreciate any other suggestions on different cabinet humidors.
Thanks John

Well, one thing is for sure.......... it ain't cheap. My question is, does it do what it says? Do you have one in town where you could do a Boveda test. Suppose the last question, is it really big enough (depending on the size of your desktop units). Most of the brothers here seem glued to the spanish cedar lined and different beads and humidification system. Suggest you write individually to some of your listed 'friends' and get their opinion. You have some very esteemed associated there.

Would like to know what you end up doing.

Best of luck and hunting.

Da Pug

Dude, i'm friggin drooling looking at that humidor....I'll be coveting rhat after you post pics of it stocked!

Looks interesting. FWIW I am not sure how big your desktops are but you might end up surprised how quickly you run out of room in a cabinet that size. I went with an aristocrat (referenced above) and haven't had any regrets.

If you want a quality cabinet, PM me and I'll get you some info. I'm getting ready to purchase a 4,000 count cabinet.

HUM-4000_02.jpg

Very nice Rod. Black one looks pretty nice too. Never heard of them though. You might try to find some reviews on it if you are set on that one.

Thanks guys for the advice. The store owner is saying that it lists for around 2500 and I do a lot of business with him and he said he would go down to 1850 for me after taxes. I have about 1500-1700 cigars right now spread between a range of 50 count humi's up to the 400 count God of Fire humidor that was released a couple years ago around Christmas. The store owner does not have one in yet so I havent seen if it actually does what it really says. I am really curious if its humidity system does what it really says it does. It sounds like you never need to fill it and it takes moisture out of the air around it, which would be awesome it is true!

The first link I clicked on when I searched Monolith had a price tag of $1800 :whistling: It shows MSRP for $2000 :whistling: Might want to do some chit chatting with a friend IMO :whistling:

Wonder how long the guys at "Monolith" have making humidors? Wonder how many people have them, and like them...??

This guy has been at it for many years. His quality can be found in many, many homes of BOTL's all over the world.....including Insight's and my homes:

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/

I asked about lights and Bob said even LED's will raise the temperature in the cabinet a bit. Doing what I do for a living, I believe him. Also, humidification that doesn't need water? That's a pretty good trick....;)

Dunno....at the end of the day you pay your money and make your choice. I chose an Aristocrat from Bob in Texas. No regrets, several years later.

FWIW - B.B.S.

Check with Bob and see what you can get from him.

If you still want the Monolith, wait until Monday as I'll have the wholesale price by then from the mfgr. I'm sure I can do better than the price you were quoted. Plus, no tax since you're out of state. ;) Take your time researching humidors, as a tower is a big investment and you want to be happy with it.

Check with Bob and see what you can get from him.

If you still want the Monolith, wait until Monday as I'll have the wholesale price by then from the mfgr. I'm sure I can do better than the price you were quoted. Plus, no tax since you're out of state. ;) Take your time researching humidors, as a tower is a big investment and you want to be happy with it.

Wow, that's a nice gesture Rod...

Ain't Rod just a super great guy. What he forgot to mention, he is getting that monster humi, gonna fill it up and invite us all over for a weekend herf so he can measure how fast it goes from full to not quite as full. Can hardly wait Rod.

And yes, I believe the check is in the mail too. :p

I looked at the Monolith as well. If you opt for the Monolith, you can probably get it a little cheaper than $1800, or get free shipping, depending on the vendor. I did some research and found out that it is made in China, which concerns me personally because of the hum/temp congrols. I couldn't find any reviews and decided to go with an Aristocrat because of their track record and quality--paid more, but Aristocrat stands by their product, and has great reviews. Good luck.

Check this out while you are at it.

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/HUM-2000.html

Fully lines with spanish cedar, has sure seal technology, one of their folks is a member in good standing of CP, it holds twice a much and is less than half as expensive. Truly, what do the Chinese KNOW about cigar humidors. Your brothers here are making some fine points, so don't let the bells and whistles bite you in the azz.

I can definitely beat $1800, no problem. Can't post the price publicly, so see the PM. I only do this for CP members.