• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cain Habano 550

elderboy02

Date: 2/20/10

Cigar: Cain Habano 550 (5.75 x 50)

Cost: Don't remember

Drink: Coke

We finally got some warm weather (39 degrees) so I decided to do a review.

This is a triple fermented 100% ligero cigar that was created by Sam Leccia.

Appearance: This has a habano wrapper on it. There were no major veins showing. The band is simple and classy. The appearance gets a 8/10

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Pre-Light: It has a strong wood flavor to it.

Construction: Held an average ash. The ash was kind of flaky. The draw was a bit on the loose side. The cigar required only a few minor touchups because I am very picky about having a cigar burn perfectly.

Taste of the cigar: This cigar has a peppery and woodsy flavor to it. I also picked up a minty flavor at some point. This cigar is somewhat harsh at the very beginning. After you get 1" in, the cigar gets better as it progresses. The flavors become richer. I would say the woodsy flavor is hickory.

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

Strength: This is without a doubt a full bodied cigar.

Summary: This cigar was extremely good. I am glad I picked up a box. I give it a 9.5/10

Your right, dang tasty and a fav. or mine. I've got one resting for about 3 months now.

It says straight ligero, but it's actually 83% ligero. 100% ligero just wouldn't burn. I really like this smoke. Nice review.

This is one cigar that I haven't had the pleasure of sampling as yet, however I have a feeling it would fit my palate well as I prefer full strength cigars now days. Thanks for the review!