• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Call Me Betty

hudsonvalley

MMMM...Ember
Walked through my garden this morning and noticed the peaches were ripe and Hallelujah! the squirrels hadn't robbed me like last year. So on a whim I decided to make my first peach pie. In the oven as we forum. I put it in this part of the forum since we don't have a Foody heading in the Good Life section. Anyway, here's my twist: I used Scotch in the pie with the vanilla. We'll see.....

Hey Betty, late season up there. All our peaches are gone, ate the last one today. Let us know about the pie.

Mmmmmm pieeee.
Not bad, could taste the vanilla, but not the Scotch, though. But well worth doing. I gots me a new skill.

Couldn't find my camera. Otherwise i wudda. But trust me, your mom makes prettier. But it's a start. Now I'll have a scotch, since I got a hankerin. :D

Oh man my mouth is watering thinkng about home made peach pie. Peach cobbler is a nother fav, I could eat myself sick on that.

Oh man my mouth is watering thinkng about home made peach pie. Peach cobbler is a nother fav, I could eat myself sick on that.

Just got back from the wife's family cabin where we had plenty of both =)

Sippin scotch here thinkin.....

I could taste the vanilla but not the scotch. Maybe there is a kind of scotch that cuts through more than most and isn't that expensive. And it seems the quantity should be increased (i added about as much scotch as vanilla).

Or maybe it's just a bad idea.

I just think the spiciness of a dram or two would make the pie really nice.