• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Calling all DC BOTL's

theorangeman

I just learned that I have a conference in DC that I will be attending in a couple of weeks. Although it looks like most of my nights are pretty stacked with various events/activities, I have a feeling that I'll need to break away for at least one evening. Therefore, I'm looking for some good suggestions of a place one could enjoy a good smoke and some cocktails. Any suggestions as to where might be a good place to visit?

It's been a while since I've been in DC so I don't really remember the landscape very well. I'll be staying near the airport at the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

If you're in downtown DC, there are only 2 places you can smoke and grab a drink: Shelly's Backroom and Ozio's.

I'm sure the DC crew will be around to assist you. Shelly is a great place and have not been to Ozio's.

I highly recommend Shelly's Backroom, although i would bring my own smokes you can eat and drink there as well. I believe they were charging $40 for a power ranger.

They don't mind you bringing you in your own smokes? That would be very nice being that I'm sure I will spend a good bit on food and drinks alone.

Yup, if you're going to Shelly's you can definitely take your own smokes (and should, imo) their prices are insane, but they have to be to maintain their % of revenue in order to stay open. I usually take my own smokes, but if I smoke a few, I might buy one from them just to support the business. Food's decent, they have a decent scotch list and whatnot, you should have a good time.

let us know when you'll be in. Shelley's is the place to go. Ozio's has too much of a night club feel to it. Also, W. Curtis Drappers is just around the corner from Shelley's, and is the 2nd best cigar store in town...next to Bethesda Tobacco, my B&M.

Sounds good, then Shelly's it is. I just hope that I can get away for an evening. If so, I'll be in touch. Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Which airport? If you're across the river in VA by that airport... there's a bunch more places in VA that you can smoke seeing as they don't have the same ridiculous rules. One place would be The Carpool in Ballston VA, which is just down I66 from Reagan (if that's the airport you're referring to). Once again, you can bring your own sticks, etc.
Chris