• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Camacho Candela

melski

Reaction score
I enjoy the occasional candela so when I heard that these would be available for St. Patrick's Day I ventured forth to a shop to get a few. There was one left, surprising since they were $5 per. Made some Mayorga Kona blend this morning and chose this to go with it.

The shopkeeper told me it was the SLR blend with a candela wrapper, made available especially for March 17th. I really like the SLRs but, surprisingly, don't care for the SLR maduros so I was really interested to see what the candela would be like.

The appearance was somewhat odd as the wrapper was almost a neon green color. A lot of candelas (ie: cheaper) have a very distinctive "grassy" taste, due, I guess, to the high chlorophyll. This cigar had enough of the "candela" taste to make it a light, refreshing smoke without any of the heavy, grassy finish. Burned sharp as a tack, no touch-ups needed.

Judging from the posts I've read, candela seems to be a love it or hate it wrapper. If you want to try candela or revisit after a bad experience, I heartily recommend these.

Nice review Mel. It will be interesting to see if candelas regain their popularity.