• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Camacho Corojo Maduro

MartyMcFly

Cigar: Camacho Corojo Maduro
Size: 6x50 (Toro)
Price Paid: ~ $6.00
Drink: Water
Smoke Time: 1 Hour

This cigar seems to be very well constructed with a couple of minor veins in its rich brown wrapper. After cutting with my Palio the draw was slightly tight but nothing I would complain about, and the cold draw revealed a nice sweet earthiness. I noticed right away that the wrapper left a slight pepperyness that tingled a bit on my lips but also a bit of residual sweetness. At this point I am already fairly eager to light it up.

Picture002.jpg

First third: The first few puffs are full of earth and what I would describe as toasty nutty taste. This is a full bodied and full flavor smoke however it is not the least bit harsh, but rather very smooth and well balanced. It continues to produce a lot of smoke and the same flavors with some added rich tobacco notes. At this point I find that I am smoking faster than I normally do and I’m pretty sure it’s because I am really enjoying this smoke thus far. The ash is light gray in color and somewhat flaky but holds firm.

Second Third: At the beginning of this third the nutty notes seem to be charging to the forefront while the earth and tobacco flavors take a backseat. All of these flavors continue to be present but I am starting to notice a little bit of spice, which I would equate to something cinnamon like.

Last Third: The last third was very similar to the second third with lots of toasty nutty flavors, and cinnamon on the finish. I had a few minor burn issues during this third as I had to relight once and also give a few touchups. No big deal here as for the most part the cigar burned just fine.

Overall: I would say that this is a fine smoke, especially for the price. This was my first Camacho cigar and I must say that I was very impressed. The flavor makup of this smoke was very pleasant as it was something a little different than I have become used to. Usually I like a good amount of pepperyness in my smokes however I think I have found another flavor profile that I really enjoy. After today, I am really excited to smoke the Tripple Maduro that I picked up along with this stick.

Nice review. Make sure you eat first with that triple maddie :D

Brian

I never cared much for Camacho cigars. They always seemed to be a strength for strength sake cigar, for me. I'm surprised you found it such a complex smoke. I may have to pick one of these up and re-evaluate.

Doc.

Thanks for the review. I have really been impressed with Camacho. They seem to be reasonably priced and well constructed. I personally love the SLR natural. It is in my top 3 favorite cigars and it is right around the $6 mark as well. I have also had the Candela which I really liked but I don't think I could smoke a green cigar on a regular basis. I'm on a mission to try all the cigars that Camacho offers so I'll already have the Corojo Maduro on the list.

I picked up a Camacho Corojo Maduro stick on the advice of someone here on this board that posted in my introduction thread. It sounds like it was a good suggestion. I haven't smoked it yet but I might have it tonight after reading this.

Great review, and I agree with the aforementioned advice of eating prior to smoking the Triple Maduro. My girlfriend loves those things.

I finally smoked mine last night. It was a very nice smoke but I probably should have smoked it on a day when I had eaten a little bit more. Probably the heaviest cigar I have smoked so far. I had to put it out into the final third. :( I'll have to try again another night. Great price too.

I don't think I'll be able to handle that Triple Maduro yet.