• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Camacho Diploma Maduro?

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
While at my local cigar shop, to which I seldom visit anymore :( I noticed they now have Camacho Maduro's! Being a huge fan of Camacho, but NOT a fan of maduro's, I half heartedly tried one... The Diploma Maduro... The diploma is maybe my favorite Camacho period.

Well I have to tell you, the cigar was amazing. None of that "licorice" maduro taste I usaully associate with Maduro's- it was almost sweet! :) Spicy with a hint of sweetness left on my palate- it was enjoyable. I smoked it down to the nub.

At $8.20/ea not a bargain- and there are treats from the dark side much better in that price range, but for a readily domestically available cigar- it was good.

:thumbs: Toaster

I tried one of these recently and I liked it too. It's a beautiful cigar. Nice and dark and oily. I love the simple band that just says 'diploma'. I think its the first camacho I smoked, so I can't compure to the naturals, but it was tasty. Definitely a bit expensive though. I don't think it was good enough to warrant spending $8 on one very regularly.

I have the Diplomas but I haven't had one yet. I've tried the Maduro Monarca. Excellent flavor and kick to it. Very smooth. You might want to give these a try, much cheaper than the Diplomas.

Monarca's eh? I'll have to see if the shop has any of those- I'm sure they do.

This is the problem with good domestics... The "good" ones are more expensive than comparable isoms. If I can smoke better isoms cheaper than locally available domestics- WHY BOTHER :(

This is why I don't go to my local cigar shops much anymore. I hate to walk in with my own cigars... kinda tacky.

If your shop does not have them several on-line vendors carry it.